cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Cable

SLE71R
Tuning in

Afternoon All

Big roundabout upgrades going on outside my front garden means for the 2nd time the Cable has been cut as they are upgrading the grassed area, it just makes me laugh the cable runs loose along the grass bank to the manhole and its tucked through the side of the manhole cover just under the earth

The contractor contacted Virgin and after the 1st time and they insisted the ducting was in place through the manhole covers under the street to the junction box , but again the engineer just spliced the cables together and dug a trench with a trowel to put the new cables into !. He said it needs ducting properly as where the cables are now the grass will be cut regularly i have the engineers number and he said call him when it happens again

He took pictures to send to his manager but wether  he will fix it properly we wait and see... I just miss out on 2 days internet, TV when it could be fixed easily 

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SLE71R,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your services and that your connection cable was damaged! 

Can you tell us when this happened? Please attach an image of what the cable looks like if possible so that we can investigate this further and have this looked into for you.

Can you confirm if you have a total loss of services at this moment? 

Please let us know so that we can assist further and have this issue rectified as soon as possible.

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina

No the issue has been fixed , engineer came yesterday but the cable is still just under the ground and will probably get cut again . As i said the engineer took pictures and sent them to his manager RG22 6HD  Area 31

Regards

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, @SLE71R.

It can take a day or two for our teams to book in a technician appointment to have this actioned. 

You can see if there are any appointments booked in the next few days on your online account.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Paulina 

Well its up to the " manager " to decide wether he wants to fix the problem, you think with engineers pictures and  notes he would want to 

Regards

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SLE71R,

Please keep an eye out for any updates on this situation and any appointments booked on your online account. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team