cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cs6031 error

zclarke87
On our wavelength

So today I set up my v6 box upgrade to v360, I then disconnected the TiVo box and set up the v360 mini sent to me.

on the mini I get error - cs6031 cannot find hard drive??

having been offered the free upgrade to retain my custom as catch up, on demand and apps had ceased working on the TiVo (apparently due to these now being dated) virgin are trying to charge me an extra £21.50 a month for less channels with a box that won’t record.

I was due to be called yesterday but as with all the other calls this call back never came…. So close to just leaving. Sky have an amazing deal and their customer service were extremely helpful when I enquired despite telling them I was currently a virgin customer and had been for several year

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

The mini box doesn't have a hard drive but it will record on the hard drive on the main box, in order to do that the main box needs to be set to either fast start or active start and the mini box needs a network connection which can be by ethernet cable or wifi.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @zclarke87,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Have the team been in touch about this since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

No - someone was due to call me back on Monday 14th but nothing as yet…

my last bill was not reduced to the new cost agreed and my upcoming bill looks set to be almost 50% more than usual and double what was agreed.

I just don’t know what else to try, I have spent almost 5hrs total calling when promises to call me are not fulfilled and now virgin are just screwing with my bill. If they do double this bill I will have been overcharged close to £100 more than what was agreed!!

zclarke87
On our wavelength

Hi,

this is all set up but unless my main box is permanently on nothing records on the mini - Virgin never informed me this would be the case as obviously it’s costly to have the box permanently on just so that the mini can record.

not energy efficient at all!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@zclarke87 wrote:

this is all set up but unless my main box is permanently on nothing records on the mini - Virgin never informed me this would be the case as obviously it’s costly to have the box permanently on just so that the mini can record.

That's 360 operating as designed. On the TiVo-platform, all V6 & TiVo boxes have hard-drives of their own and can independently record and multi-room stream. Ideally you'd have upgraded the TiVo for a V6, and then separately converted both V6 into 360 - and retained the storage.

As it happens, your TiVo has been swapped for a 360-mini which has no HDD of its own, but relies on the 360-master for all recording capability. You can set & view recordings on the mini, but it's slaving from the master.

Unfortunately for yourself, this is how 360 is designed. You should set the 360-master to either fast-start or active-start to enable mini-box recording & streaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

zclarke87
On our wavelength

This is what I have done. It’s just a shame that you cannot allow the 360 to go into standby otherwise the 360mini becomes redundant and you are unable to use. It means we have to have the 360 on and running when no one is even in the room to use it.

Very poor design and not energy efficient at all to leave a box on when no one is using simply to allow you to use other boxes.

annoyed at the poor service from virgin who on top of everything else failed to explain this to me and that it would cause electricity costs to increase due to continuously required a box to be on.

Fast start and active start both put the box in standby, there are 3 standby modes,

Fast start - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient, it uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

You need to have the main box set to either fast start or active start, that way the mini box can access  your recordings on the main box, it doesn't actually turn the main box on the power light will remain red.

zclarke87
On our wavelength

What could be the issue then as unless the main box is on and running I get the cs6031 error and it says no hard drive installed and won’t allow recording on the mini.

the main 360 is currently set to active start….as soon as I power up the main box and switch it on (taking it out of stand by) the error disappears and the mini will allow you to record shows.

@zclarke87 wrote:

the main 360 is currently set to active start….as soon as I power up the main box and switch it on (taking it out of stand by) the error disappears and the mini will allow you to record shows.

To me that sounds like 2 actions, for example it sounds like you are turning the mains power on, and then pressing the power on button on the remote. If that is what you mean then that is the problem as the main box would not be in standby mode it would be off.