Menu
davet1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Conneting 360 and 360 mini boxes

I have a 360 box and a 360 mini box.

When i use the TV connected to the mini box and go to My Shows I can see all the recordings. However when I try to play one I get "Your 360 box is offline or not connecting...". Both the boxes are on and the network diagnostics show all green ticks. Is there any setup that needs to be done? I'm assuming that since the mini box displays all the  recordings that they are connected so what is wrong?

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Conneting 360 and 360 mini boxes

When you say the main box is on is it in standby, if it is you need to have the power setting in settings set to either active start or fast start for the mini to play recordings.

0 Kudos
davet1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was actually on, my wife was watching Countdown.

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you haven't tried already you could try restarting both boxes, try turning the power off and on rather than just pressing the power switch on the remote, if that doesn't work try a factory reset. When I had the V6 boxes and this happened I used to go into settings and reconnect one box to the network and then the other box, this usually fixed the problem, sometimes needed doing more than once.

0 Kudos
davet1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I actually had a power cut this morning, off for about 10 minutes. When I restarted everything the boxes connected and I can play recordings in both rooms. I also solved the problem of being able to stop a recording playing and pick it up in another room. Instructions say press stop(button does not exist) but if you press mic and say Stop it appears to work and you pick up from the right spot.