cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem

clairesmith108
Joining in

It's 22:39 at night and I've tried to record a programme and I'm having a pop up message saying "we've found a connection problem " CS9994.

This afternoon our Internet connection was "limited".

I thought we were now on the best Internet  can you please look into these issues?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's your setup in terms of mini-boxes and master-boxes?

I ask because a mini-box doesn't have a hard-drive, it streams all recordings from a master box. That therefore introduces variables of the connection between each of the 2 boxes and your homehub. If you can clarify what setup you have, then we know where the problem could be.

When is this recording you're trying to set, for?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I was trying to record something immediately. 

I'm not sure what my set up is? We have 2 boxes and the engineer said that there is no hard drive,  when we record in one room, it will also record in the other room. Does that help?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @clairesmith108 

The page for virgin-tv-error-codes/cs9994  suggests  you check your hub connections, however I think it's due to your main box either being turned off or in Eco (Slow Start) mode under Settings >  Standby Power Consumption.

With the 360 boxes the main box has a hard drive but the mini box doesn't so all recordings are made on the main box.

You need to make sure the standby setting on the main Virgin TV 360 box is set to either Fast Start or Active Start, otherwise any additional mini boxes in your home won’t be able to connect to the main box and play recordings from there.

EDIT so you can tell the difference the main 360 box is slightly bigger than the Mini.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@clairesmith108 wrote:

I'm not sure what my set up is? We have 2 boxes and the engineer said that there is no hard drive,  when we record in one room, it will also record in the other room. Does that help?

Photos of the 2 boxes are below. A master box has the hard drive and recording ability. Any recordings you set "on" the mini-box are just requested of the master-box and done on its HDD. When you watch a recording on the mini-box, you are multiroom streaming and the recording is being played back from the master-box.

The mini is half-the-height of the master because of not having a hard drive. The info given above re start-modes, will make sure the mini has the ability to "wake up" the master box when required.

1629411602364.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks