cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected to wrong network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to find out if there is a way of getting past the error message currently on my screen

Earlier today I switched my hub 4 into modem mode and I am currently using my Asus for all connections, once I had switched everything over the 360 is now showing Service Suspended on the screen, and any attempt to connect it back via ethernet or wifi is now telling me that it is not connected either to the hub nor the virgin media wifi.

The diagnostic screen is showing a red X on the line before it gets to the picture of the hub, however every other ethernet and wifi connection in the house is working flawlessly.

I've tried turning the box off and on, giving it some time before powering back up, the only thing I haven't tried yet was a full reset of the box.

I just wanted to check if the 360 can work outside of a direct connection to the hub, or is that some kind of a restriction of it ?

Thanks

Edit: It seems I'm unable to even reset the box because it just brings me straight back to the network messasge.

11 REPLIES 11

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

It isn't a silly question: when the hub is in modem mode the connection is to the WAN port, when the hub is in router mode the connection is to the LAN port in order to turn the router into a wireless access point (with both devices on the same LAN IP segment and the router's DHCP server disabled).

Partially correct except quite a few routers turn the wan port into a lan port when in AP mode. This means you don't lose a lan port.

sergioriggi
On our wavelength

I have the same issue, 360 box in router mode pointing at the dns server 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100 while in modem mode the box has as dns servers 192.168.2.1

since those values are the only one that change and make the 360 useless I guaess this is the problem and I’m trying to make the box pointing at 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100 to see if it solve the problem