Menu
sharondale
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Complete lack of support after Virgin 360 switch

After switching to Virgin 360 as part of a trial we have been left without access to previous recording transfer, and are unable to use Virgin TV Go.  Any attempt to manage our device results in an error which says "The Device ID is not valid."  Any attempt to register a device to use the online app results in all remaining devices slots being used and no device being registered, and then being forced to wait another month only for the same failed process to repeat its self.

I have been trying to resolve this issue for over 6 weeks and no matter which team I am transferred to they always tell us some one else is responsible and despite promises that someone will call us back / you will resolve the issue we're still without a resolution.

I have informed Trading standards who have advised that I make one last attempt before they intervene.  

I want my services restored or I shall be cancelling my subscription to Virgin Media.

roy247
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complete lack of support after Virgin 360 switch

Hi

Have you switched to a 360 box or did you upgrade an existing V6 box ?

"After switching to Virgin 360 as part of a trial we have been left without access to previous recording transfer,"

does the above mean you haven't been able to access recordings you had before the move to 360, assuming that it does all recordings are held locally on the box either a 360 or V6, if you were sent a new 360 box and sent your old box back you also sent any recordings you had, if you had a V6 box and did the software upgrade to 360 you wiped the hard drive clean as part of the upgrade. There are no ways to transfer recordings from one box to another or save them if the box was upgraded.

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the TV Go app since you upgraded. I have assumed you are using the app on a mobile.

0 Kudos
sharondale
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No.  The recordings themselves are lost as they were stored locally on the Tivo V6.  However, on setting up the 360 box the instructions gave a link to copy recording settings "My list of programs to record" over to the 360 box.

New tab (virginmedia.com)

However, no matter what I click (My Tivo Boxes, My Shows, Mr Planned Recordings, My Series Links.....) I get an error message that reads "The device ID is not valid.  I cannot use any of the features listed.

Also, I cannot register any devices.  Every time I've tried to register a device I get a message telling me that the device is not registed, but a registered device slot is used up until they're all taken.  The same process repeats at the start of a new month.  The device fails to register yet one of the 3 slots are taken until all slots are used.

0 Kudos
sharondale
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Irrelevant as I cannot successfully register any devices. No matter what platform I use each attempt uses up a device slot until all are used up. Rinse and repeat at the start of a new month with 3 new device changes.

I've tried on Window, Android and Xbox.
0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi sharondale,

I can't get that link to work, get the error,

manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com took too long to respond

and it also mentions Tivo, try this link,

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html

when I use this one it has no mention of My Tivo Boxes, as my account is now registered as 360, maybe this is why you are getting "The device ID is not valid", your Tivo box has been deactivated. Try the link above, log in, go to settings and click on Virgin TV Boxes and it will list your 2 boxes with whatever names you have called them.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The new platform on the v360 uses a different format on the series links so it isn't possible to transfer the series links from the older Tivo based boxes, I am afraid that you will have to set up your series links again, there is no way around this.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sharondale
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That answers one question, thank you.

However, I am still left with the problem of having unusable devices.  Non of my devices worked after switching to the 360 box.  I had 5 devices to register in October, after the switch.  However, every attempt to register a device resulted in a slot being used but no device registered.  November gave me 3 slots that could be used to re-register / switch devices.  This resulted in the same problem as the previous month, and same again in December.  I have all 5 slots used and not one device registered.  I've contacted VM about this, spent hours on the phone only to be transferred from department to department.  The problem remains unresolved, no one wants to take responsibility and I'm facing yet another whole month of used slots and no usable devices.

I desperately need this issue resolved.

0 Kudos
sharondale
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still no support, passed from pillar to post when I call to get some help.  Sky is looking very appealing at this moment.  At least when I was with them they dealt with faults and technical issues.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

With the issue regarding the TvGoo usage, have you installed the app and reinstalled it ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos