cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codes CS6002 and CS2200

V21DMD
Tuning in

I am getting both of thee codes. Just spent 45 mins with tech help. I was told there was an outage in Torquay, and it would be fixed by 13:45 on 28/06/2023. I checked for an outage and there isn't one! I'm sure its a HDD issue. Do I need a new box, or can it be fixed by an engineer visit. Look forward to relies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Hi V21DMD,

The CS6002 error usually also says "Can't find hard drive", which means you will need the box replacing normally by an engineer but occasionally Virgin do just send boxes. If there is an area problem (which won't be the problem you have) then the CS agents on the phone won't send an engineer. You can phone 0800 5610061 for a more localised check.

You can either call Virgin again or wait here for one of the Forum Team to pick this up, that's usually 2 to 3 day's but seems to be a quicker recently.🤞

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

roy247
Superstar

Hi V21DMD,

The CS6002 error usually also says "Can't find hard drive", which means you will need the box replacing normally by an engineer but occasionally Virgin do just send boxes. If there is an area problem (which won't be the problem you have) then the CS agents on the phone won't send an engineer. You can phone 0800 5610061 for a more localised check.

You can either call Virgin again or wait here for one of the Forum Team to pick this up, that's usually 2 to 3 day's but seems to be a quicker recently.🤞

Hi roy247,

Many thanks for this. I did tell the agent it was an HDD problem. I build computers, and do have some knowledge. All she was doing was testing my signals, etc., etc. I kept saying that my wi fi working, and the disc was the problem. Seems like they have a 'script' to follow, but no actual knowledge. I was on hold most of the time waiting for answers. Eventually she said there was an outage. I didn't catch when she said it started, but it would be fine on the 28th at 13:45. By this time I had had enough, and let her go. I did a check to see if there was an outage, and no. So, maybe a way for her to 'escape'. I'll do as you suggest and wait to see if its picked up. If not I'll call the 0800 number. Many thanks for your reply. I'll let you know the outcome. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi V21DMD 

I suggest ignoring the error code CS2200, sometimes this only affects a few recordings and may be caused by local issues, however as per @roy247  error CS6002 is a can't find hard drive issue so your box will very likely need replacing.

The automated service checker phone number that Roy advised is the best one to check for any possible  faults.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level - the online checker is more for checking on wider area issues. Also VM won't send out a tech or new equipment until local/area faults have been fixed (the system over rides and cancels the requests)

Do you have any problems stopping and pausing live programs, and then playing them back? If so, this would seem to confirm a hard drive problem, as pausing and playing back live TV is the same as recording a program.

Have you tried  factory resetting the 360? It might fix the error, but it's a long shot.

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

If you choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV X again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

I'm afraid a box swap will mean the loss of yuor recordings and series links so it's best to make a note of them (possibly photograph them if you have a lot).

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

V21DMD
Tuning in

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply, and suggestions.

I did a reset when I first had the problem on Saturday (24th). But it made no difference. I will see what transpires after the alleged outage remark from the agent. I suggested to her that it was a hard drive problem, but I received no reaction to that other than the 'outage in your area' excuse. I checked, and there has been no outage. Also when virgin engineers are working in the area, I always get a text informing me of this. I'll let you know the outcome. David. 

Glitch33
Dialled in

I had these problems a few months ago.

Long story short - it needed a replacement box. None of the other resets and faffing about worked.

V21DMD
Tuning in

To All who replied with suggestions.

My call yesterday ended with Virgin Media accepting it was a HDD fault, and they are sending me a replacement unit. Result!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi V21DMD, 

Thank you for posting and confirming the team have been able to provide a replacement box. 

Please do reach out if you require any assistance once the equipment is installed and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for your reply, and offer of assistance if needed.

David.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You are very welcome, we are more than happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat