cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code CS9994

Mancnutter
Joining in

I have two set top boxes one working fine no problems everything is connecting to laptop etc but the set top box in the bedroom is throwing up this error code saying the hub isn't connected to the Internet (it obviously is)

Have tried following all the instructions but nothing has worked can watch TV but not recordings or apps etc 

Any help will be appreciated thank you 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mancnutter 

Have you double checked all of your connections, especially any splitters as shown in step 3 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs9994 

You can do a quick diagnostic on your 360 box by going to Settings > System > Diagnostics.
If you’re using an Ethernet connection, make sure that the cable is securely connected to the 360 box and the Hub

If you're using wifi try setting it up again on the 360 either using the SSID and password again, or by pressing the WPS button on yuor hub and selcting WPS set up on the 360.

Also try swapping the boxes around.

Are you using any third party equipment to connect to the internet?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi thanks for the reply

I've checked all connections

The hub is working fine with everything else I've even connected something that has never been connected!

I've booked a technician now as I've tried everything and don't want to cause an issue where there wasn't already one lol 

Thanks again for reply 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mancnutter, 

Thanks for your post and welcome tot he Community, it's great having you on board here with us again. 

We're sorry to hear you're getting this error message. As mentioned by newapollo, this error code is when the box is struggling to receive a signal from the hub. When you get this error message, you should follow these steps, in order:

• Make sure the Hub's power supply is firmly connected to the wall and back of the Hub, check the hub is switched on.
  • Next, make sure the white cable is tightly connected into the Virgin Media wall socket.
  • Make sure all the white cable from the splitter to the back of the TV box is tightly connected.
  • Now you need to reboot your hub. Turn the power off at the wall socket and turn back on. This will reboot the TV box and can take between 5 and 10 minutes to fully reboot.

I'm happy to hear you're already been able to book an engineer though. Please keep us posted on how the visit goes and if you need anything else, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AdamR200
Tuning in

Have exactly the same issue. Streaming will be working fine for a time, then will suddenly cut out and display the error CS9994.
The only way to remove it, is to unplug the box and re-plug it. 
Before anyone suggests it:

Yes I checked the diagnostics option. Its says the hub has no internet. Thats a lie, as it never drops for anything else. 

Yes, it is in a place where it is receiving good signal. 
Yes, all the cables, HDMI, power etc are all plugged in properly and tightly. 
Yes, it is fully updated. 

So, it simply leads me to believe that either the box itself is faulty or the software is in dire need of an overhaul.  

Hi AdamR200,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your Stream box also.

thank you for going through all the above checks already, I've had a look at things from our side, been through a few diagnostics and it looks like the box will need replacing.

Before I can arrange this I'll need a few details from you, so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you! 

The new box will be with you in 3-5 days 🙂

Alex_Rm