cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coaxial Cable Connection

JHobbs97
Joining in

Just received my Virgin TV 360 yesterday and upon setting it up it appears to need to be directly connected to our existing router? Is this required to be able to get live TV? Currently we are connected via WiFi and that's all fine but I'm having issues with no channels being picked up...

I have plugged in our existing coaxial cable which is connected to a socket in our front room that I believe is connected to the aerial in the loft. Given the router is in another room, connecting to the router to the 360 box isn't going to be an option..

Is there any work around to get the TV 360 box to work with our existing coaxial cable? This is the current error message showing:

Channel failed - CS2004 - We're currently unable to show this channel. Please check your cables, reboot and then try again.

The coaxial cable appears to be 3C-2V 75-ohm. I have no idea what type of cable is connecting up to the loft from the front room.

Just want to add that its ridiculous that I have not been able to speak to someone directly at Virgin Media, either saying no-one is available or cutting off the phone call to say their are website guides are not helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Jacob

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The coaxial input needs to be connected to Virgin’s coaxial cabling. It is not a Freeview box. The live channels are broadcast on the same coaxial cable that provides your Broadband, so you need an additional Virgin coaxial outlet installed in the room the TV box is being used. Call Virgin & ask for a manned install or wait here a day or so & staff on the forum can book a technician visit.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JHobbs97, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the cable connection and will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards 

Chris.