cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel failed message

slartibartfast1
On our wavelength

We recently started seeing these messages and the channel is clearly visible behind the message. It doesn't appear immediately after a channel change but often after a couple of hours.

PXL_20230523_110327775.MP.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @slartibartfast1 

I haven't seen that code before on the 360 and there is nothing showing for it in the 360 /which-error-code database.

It is however shown amongst the Stream box Error Codes.pdf database, which uses the Horizon operating system which is the same as the 360 (screenshot below.)

CS2002CS2002

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have restarted the box so we shall see what happens. It was also doing some other odd things with long delays entering certain menus so hopefully that will be fixed as well, until next time...

Hi @slartibartfast1 

Thanks for your response

Please keep us updated with how you get on and we can investigate further if needs be. My apologies for the inconvenience caused by the issue and thank you for your time

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As well as the "Channel Failed" message I also saw "App failed to launch" messages on BBC so as a last resort I factory reset the box. Apart from failing to play some recordings it is behaving itself so far but this is the second factory reset in a month.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @slartibartfast1 

The  "App failed to launch" messages on BBC  (CS2400 error) isfairly common and is possibly related to the BBC iPlayer app, for which a link is triggered when you land on a BBC channel. This provides the interactivity with the red button in the same way as customers get an error message when there is no internet connectivity with the box.

There is a workaround.

You can force the BBC  channel to play without the pop up reappearing if you hit the back button on the 360 remote when the error message appears, and then press pause and play 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali