cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 5 very loud

york1000
Tuning in

I have the same problem on V6 box with 360 upgrade the volume is very loud on Cannel 5  compared to other stations which makes you jump to the remote as the neighbours will hear it !!   any answers please! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @york1000,

We are aware of the issue with ITV and are working to get this fixed asap.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @york1000,

Welcome back! Thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see this channel is affected somehow.

We have never come across this before, what volume do you normally have the TV on?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

use volume 28 for most channels and 23 for channel 5 

Hi york1000

Thanks for coming back to us. Is this normal sound from the TV or have you got a sound bar connected etc?

Also have you tried a different HDMI cable or port on the TV? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi , no soundbar attached,  just natural Tv , HDMI cables  replaced 3 times all 4K etc , cant understand why other channels all seem normal  except ITV (regional to me yorkshire)  I have to turn up a couple of notches, I wonder if its a weak signal to my box ?, 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @york1000,

We are aware of the issue with ITV and are working to get this fixed asap.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

I know ITV is an issue as well !

Any news on virgin solving volume issues on channels , currently have to Turn volume up excessively on ITV and Channel 5 reduce volume significantly, using Samsung TV all naturally too loud on my TV. 

(No sound bars or modified sound devices in use just natural TV)

Any help would be appreciated , I also have sound loss of for a second or 2 at random times mainly noted on ITV and BBC im stll  monitoring if this occurs on other channels, maybe I should post this as a separate issue?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @york1000

Thank you for coming back to us, I have managed to locate your account via your forum information. 

I can see that you have several boxes, are you able to let me know if this issue occurs on all of them or just one is specific? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M