Menu
jonesy21
Up to speed
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Catch up - ITV Hub

HI, not sure whether this is a 360 problem or general TV problem.

We are trying to watch the latest series of programs 'Innocent' shown Mon, Tues, Wens and today, Thursday. Right we've found and watched Mondays but can't find Tuesdays! Wednesdays is there and obviously we can watch tonight but really need Tuesdays before we can continue!

We often have problems finding programs either on Catch-up or through the ITV Hub or a general search.... these often provide different results. Very confusing.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch up - ITV Hub

There was an issue with this series earlier in the week that affected all of VM's TV boxes (so 360, TiVo & V6) but on my V6 at least, it appears rectified.

The underlying VoD platform is the same between the boxes, and the missing programmes were confirmed reloaded a couple of hours ago - so if you've not checked in that time, it may be worth looking again.

"ITV Hub" unfortunately can be used to describe a few different things, which really doesn't help. It can mean the ITV-branded streaming app (for which ITV are responsible), as well as the ITV-branded OnDemand programmes which - although supplied by ITV - are on VM's OnDemand platform.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi jonesy21,

It's not showing on my 360 either via catchup, on demand, itv hub or search.  It's available on the itv hub website, and also on the itv hub on my terrestial TV.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
jonesy21
Up to speed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, it's starting to make sense. However episode 2 of Innocent is still not showing on catch up, the other episodes are. But, it does show up on VM Apps, the ITV Hub, all four episodes are showing there. So wifey can watch it from there! happy wife, happy life 😉

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well that's plain weird...

Programmes not appearing on VoD or EPG listings are one thing (and controlled within VM's ecosystem), but ITV's app is a different thing. Their app, their platform, VM just provide the connectivity. Odd for sure - but if you've got the programme, that's the main thing. Although - if you've got a 360 box, this might be a handy reminder to record programmes when you can.

Edited after our posts crossed: Out of interest, do the 360 listings show any of the episodes from S1? And if so, how are they labelled? Are they "ITV" or "ITV Hub"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

Well that's plain weird...

Programmes not appearing on VoD or EPG listings are one thing (and controlled within VM's ecosystem), but ITV's app is a different thing. Their app, their platform, VM just provide the connectivity. Odd for sure - but if you've got the programme, that's the main thing. Although - if you've got a 360 box, this might be a handy reminder to record programmes when you can.

Edited after our posts crossed: Out of interest, do the 360 listings show any of the episodes from S1? And if so, how are they labelled? Are they "ITV" or "ITV Hub"?

On the 360 Series 1, episodes 1,2,3 and 4,show under the ITV SD icon are all listed as also available on ITV3 HD. 

Series 2, episode 2 is now available via the ITV Hub on the 360, however if you search for it via catch up or on demand it doesn't appear.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
jonesy21
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey, The innocent programs show up on the ITV Hub through the 360 box  - both series

On the VM Catch up service series 2 episode 2 is still missing!

-------

The top 2 pictures show the ITV Hub result (showing as ITV 3) and the bottom 2 pictures show Catch up. All using the 360 box. as at 22.05.2021

Innocent.jpg

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jonesy21,

Thank you for your posts. I'm very sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Would you mind performing a hard reboot of the TV box to see if that helps? You can do this by unplugging the box from the mains whilst it's still powered on, leave it unplugged for at least one minute, and then plug it back in.

It's possible that the update hasn't been pushed through to your box just yet, and doing this will help to do that.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

roy247
Super solver
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Which update ?

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @roy247,

Minor updates are sent regularly, such as adjustments to On Demand content, changes to the EPG, etc.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos