cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant watch box sets we are subscribed to

Bripem
Tuning in

Hi,

We are trying to watch a box set on demand for a channel we are subscribed to. All the episodes are there but on episode 1 when we click to watch says subscribe rather than watch. All the following episodes we can watch but obviously we need to see the first episode before we watch the rest. I have tried all the options on other channels and episode 1 is either missing or has subscribe. So we are currently unable to watch the program because of this. 

I have tried turning the box off for 5 minutes then switched it back on and it does exactly the same thing. 

Any ideas would be appreciated otherwise I'm going to have to call Virgin which can be a hassle in itself. 

Thanks, 

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

@Bripem wrote:

.... it might be an account glitch? 

Logically that wouldn't make sense for one episode but I have been around long enough to know better.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

roy247
Community elder

Can you provide an example of a box set so others can compare.

Hi,

The one which is a problem is called "The Rising" 

We have had the issue once before but I am unsure what program that was. 

roy247
Community elder

Episode 1 plays on my 360 box, are you pressing watch now or dropping down to the also available in UHD button and are being asked to subscribe to UHD ? They both play OK for me. 🙂

Clicking Watch Now... except it hasn't got watch now on episode 1, it says subscribe instead, that's the problem. Episode 2 onwards says watch now and plays OK.

roy247
Community elder

Just to be sure which box do you have a 360 or V6 both boxes look the same but the remotes and software are different, there is a picture Here the reason I ask is that it has been known that some episodes are missing on one or the other boxes.

If it's definitely a 360 I don't know why you can't play episode 1, everyway I try it plays, have you tried going to the Channels list under box sets & movies and dropping down to Sky Max it shows them all as being available. Apart from turning the box off with the switch on the back of the box and letting it restart, (is that what you have already tried), I would try a factory reset if you haven't done so already,

go to Settings > System > Factory Reset

You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that way you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Definitely a 360 box.

Tried most things now, only a factory reset to try. If that doesn't fix it then looks like I'll have to ring them as it might be an account glitch? 

roy247
Community elder

@Bripem wrote:

.... it might be an account glitch? 

Logically that wouldn't make sense for one episode but I have been around long enough to know better.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this only affect this one specific box-set programme? Or are others affected?

This would help ID whether it's an account issue or an asset-specific problem. It's also a good check that your package does include boxsets, your TV tier needs to be Maxit - whatever add-ons you may have or "Ultimate whatever" aren't hugely relevant.

I concur that E1 of The Rising plays fine for me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Done a factory reset, still won't play the first episode. 

Most box sets play without issue, just now and then you come across a problem. Last time we had the issue we just didn't bother watching the show, but we actually want to watch this so I thought I'd look into it. 

And yes our package includes these box sets, as I said most of the time there isn't an issue.