Menu
Rkmadd
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot reset pin

Hello, we cannot reset the pin on our TV unit. I have treble checked the password for our virgin media account and this is correct, but when entering the password on pin reset it says it is not correct. This is driving me mad 😡 and we cannot reset our pin. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot reset pin

The default pin on the TV is 1234. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-change-parental-controls

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Rkmadd
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes , we have tried this already. But why does the TV system keep saying that my password is wrong, when it is correct. I have even changed the password

to ensure this and we can login fine to My virgin account on mobile phone or laptop, but the TV still says the password is wrong........ it is not!!!!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried rebooting the 360? When I switched to the 360 it changed my default pin to 1234

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Rkmadd

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with your PIN.

Before we go any further, can you clarify what PIN you are wanting to reset? You mention both passwords and PIN  - however these are very different things so just a bit confused as to what PIN you are trying to change? 

You advise that you are trying to log in on the TV and the password is wrong? What are you trying to log into? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You keep saying the TV PIN - do you really mean the TV PIN or the 360 PIN?

@Rkmadd wrote:

Yes , we have tried this already. But why does the TV system keep saying that my password is wrong, when it is correct. I have even changed the password

to ensure this and we can login fine to My virgin account on mobile phone or laptop, but the TV still says the password is wrong........ it is not!!!!

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos