cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot record Virgin TV1 offline

Ballsmedia75
On our wavelength

My older box upstairs (360) is not often used as much as downstairs newer box (mini360 I think) so I often switch it off for periods (electric bills doubled trying to reduce usage etc) but every time I want to record downstairs the box tells me the upstairs box is offline. I don't want 2 boxes on to use 1 to record and I want it recorded on the box downstairs. Is there a solution

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Horizon V360 multiroom only has one recording box. The additional boxes just stream from the “master” hard disk box. So if your upstairs box contains the hard disk it must be powered up to make recordings & play them back. The mini boxes are half the height of the master box.

V360 master boxV360 master box

V360 mini boxV360 mini box
The best advice I can give is to swap the boxes over so that the recording box is downstairs.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

The easiest solution would be to swap boxes around if you a mini box and a main box, main box is the one on the left in the pictures below, this is the one with the hard drive and where all the recording is done regardless of which box you set the recording on. The same goes for watching recordings on the mini box the main box needs to be set to fast start or active so the mini box can wake up the main box and stream recordings to watch, also if you want to pause for longer than around 3 minutes on the mini box you need to press record so the main box records what you are watching and then you watch it as a recording.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Do not allow allow a box to be disconnected from the network for a long period as it will become deactivated.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Ballsmedia75
On our wavelength

Okay cheers everyone