cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot pair remote control for 360 box to new Panasonic TX43 TV.

martin6322
Joining in

Got my virgin box on Saturday have tried loads of times to pair virgin remote to my tv but have had no luck.

Someone has posted the same question in the past said they got it sorted but did not say how.

Does anyone know how to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @martin6322 

It may seem odd but a few people have been able to successfully set up the remote by using new batteries even though it's a new remote.

Failing that have you tried factory resetting the remote? Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing..

You could also try the following:-   Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then usingthe remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Please try entering the device name as below.

I have an older LGNANO796NE and am able to set it up by typing NANO and also by typing 796E.

Most devices can be set up by entering the first four characters after the screen size or model name, or by entering four  consecutive characters from the model name.

With for instance the LG  55UP77006LB  I would try entering  UP77 or 7700 or 06LB  in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > LG 

Did you  try the key testing method?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.96E

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @martin6322 

It may seem odd but a few people have been able to successfully set up the remote by using new batteries even though it's a new remote.

Failing that have you tried factory resetting the remote? Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing..

You could also try the following:-   Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then usingthe remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Please try entering the device name as below.

I have an older LGNANO796NE and am able to set it up by typing NANO and also by typing 796E.

Most devices can be set up by entering the first four characters after the screen size or model name, or by entering four  consecutive characters from the model name.

With for instance the LG  55UP77006LB  I would try entering  UP77 or 7700 or 06LB  in Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > LG 

Did you  try the key testing method?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.96E

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

got it to work in the end could not pair the virgin remote to the box till i changed the battery's. then when i went to pair with the tv it said pair to YOUR Panasonic tv instead of having to enter the modle number and it worked first go.

Thanks for your help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @martin6322 

Thanks for updating the thread.

It's good to see that you've managed to get the pairing done now.

I've noticed that changing batteries often works in these circumstances, so might be an idea to keep a spare set handy any time in the future when you need to change a setting and it doesn't appear to work.

If you do have any further problems just holler and we'll do our best to help.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Tried all the model number code route.... didn't work.

Then did your suggestion.

Failing that have you tried factory resetting the remote? Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Didn't work immediately,  but after about 30 seconds got a pop up box on the TV saying that the remote had successfully paired with my Panasonic TV.

Tried the functions and now have full control of TV .

Thanks Dave