Menu
SimonH2021
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can you have 360 and keep a V6?

Hi all, I currently have a V6 and an older box in another room - if I upgrade to 360, can I move the V6 into the other room, or does everything need to go 360?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can you have 360 and keep a V6?

No. It’s all V6 TiVo or all TV 360 Horizon 4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PompeyJohnW
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've just received a new box and 2 remotes (the lack of info on this box really doesn't help and I've looked around virgin site). I have v6 as main box (upgrade option ready on menu) and older tivo box in bedroom. Do you know if this new box has storage (looks like a slimmer v6 box)? This will decide whether to make new box the main and the v6 as secondary bedroom box. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The new box should be a 360 mini box to replace your old TiVo.  It doesn't have any storage capacity.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The box you have received, to replace the TiVo, is a TV 360 mini box which has no hard disk.

It does it’s recordings on the hard disk of your converted V6 which becomes a TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

PompeyJohnW
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. They could really help themselves by giving proper info and installation instructions instead of a glossy sales brochure.

0 Kudos
SimonH2021
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Right, cheers - so if I got a 360 in the main room I couldn't carry on using my old box in the other room, or move the V6 in there?

Seems a bit daft getting 360 if it means I can't record in the other room, whereas I can now

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You can record from the mini box. It just gets physically recorded on the hard disk on the main TV 360.

PompeyJohnW
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was going to do same as you. Looks like we're losing recording capacity (I use old tivo box to record some things separate from v6 recordings). Glad I looked on here.

0 Kudos
SimonH2021
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yep, seems a shame - I don't really understand why the box in the other room has to stop working, as it's wired in separately. Trying to ask someone the ins and outs would probably be a 3-hour phone call though 

0 Kudos