Menu
iancardiff
Tuning in
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Can you get TV 360 for a one off cost

Recently read an article from Daily Express saying you can now get TV 360 for a one off cost of £24.99 without having to have the Ultimate Oomph TV package. Anyone know if this is true, I don't seem to be able to get an answer from Virgin on line chat except to tell me to ring Virgin and quite honestly I haven't go that much time !

0 Kudos
Tractorboy
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can you get TV 360 for a one off cost

See the Virgin press release

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/all-virgin-media-customers-can-now...

--------------------------------------------------
Ultimate Volt, 2 x TV360 boxes
0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
Superfast
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
iancardiff
Tuning in
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

It's a pity Virgin's on line chat doesn't seem to know anything about it then! All they could do is tell me to ring 150, where the wait time to speak to someone was over an hour. It seems you can't go on line and ask for the upgrade, as the press release says!

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

A one off installation cost but you still need a monthly subscription, this is no different to any other service VM provide. I think the general consensus is to wait for all the issues to be ironed out before taking the plunge. 

iancardiff
Tuning in
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I do have a TV subscription, just not the Ultimate one. The press release says you can now get the upgrade without being on the Ultimate package, but there seems to be no way of getting to the upgrade. 

0 Kudos
Rds261189
Up to speed
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have phoned and enquired about this.  Basically virgin are saying all V6 boxes will be updated and you will get a message on screen asking if you want to update.  At that time they will send out new remotes when you upgrade but unfortunately the woman on phone said that there is nothing on their package build section at their end to add over the air upgrade or to send out any remotes which I find very strange.  She was told by a colleague that everyone with V6 boxes need to wait for the upgrade to happen automatically then a message will appear on our TV screens.

R SCOTT
0 Kudos
iancardiff
Tuning in
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Well done for actually getting to speak to someone!  At least you got some information, I guess we all wait till we get a message on our TV screens.

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I dont want my V6 boxes upgrading so I hope it doesn't just happen automatically.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Wise owl
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@iancardiff wrote:

Well done for actually getting to speak to someone!  At least you got some information, I guess we all wait till we get a message on our TV screens.

...this won't happen for months - probably not even this year. The 360 tech is new so it will be ages until its officially rolled out to the masses.