cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can virgin mini box be wireless

Robby72
Joining in

Wonder if someone could help. I have been a Virgin customer for a long while and we have just moved into a new property. Hence all the equipment has come with me. Which was Wi-Fi hub, tv 360 box and an additional mini box. We are about have it all installed this Friday. Is it possible to run the second box the mini box wirelessly without a cable being run from the outside to the back bedroom. The only reason I ask it will be a total night with the house still quite full of moving boxes. 
kind regards

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi Robby72,

As already stated the mini box does need a coax cable connection for live TV. The connection to your hub can be either by ethernet cable or wifi for every thing else, on-demand and streaming services, as well as any updates to the box.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Paulpal67
Superfast

The box can work wiressely but will need to be connected via a coax cable to watch

roy247
Community elder

Hi Robby72,

As already stated the mini box does need a coax cable connection for live TV. The connection to your hub can be either by ethernet cable or wifi for every thing else, on-demand and streaming services, as well as any updates to the box.