cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can upgrade from TiVo to 360 box directly as did not have a v6 box

hobbs_s
Joining in

Can upgrade from TiVo to 360 box directly as did not have a v6 Box

please advise as sending out 360 mini box this week as going on to new package.

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are upgrading to TV 360 from a TiVo, you will be sent a full TV 360, not a mini TV 360.

The main connection change is that, as well as the co-ax connection you have with your TiVo, you will need to connect the TV 360 to your Virgin Media broadband by Ethernet (preferred) or WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@hobbs_s wrote:

Can upgrade from TiVo to 360 box directly as did not have a v6 Box

please advise as sending out 360 mini box this week as going on to new package.

If you only have a TiVo box you will need a 360 main box as the mini box has no hard drive, but if you have a V6 box and a TiVo box the V6 can be software upgraded and the TiVo will be replaced with a mini box, and you will receive a new remote for the V6.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How many TiVo's do you currently have? The package change is completely separate to any voluntary choice to convert your TV software, however...

In TiVo-land, all your boxes (whether TiVo or V6) are fully functional with hard drives. TiVo's cannot be converted into 360 and need a hardware swapout. V6 can be software-converted.

The difference is, that in 360-land, additional multiroom installations are mini-boxes without hard drives. Existing V6 can be converted and will retain storage, but any additional boxes (which include TiVo > 360 swaps) will be minis and you don't get additional storage.

So if you have 1 x TiVo, you'll get a 360-master. If you have any additional TiVo, they become 360-minis and you will only retain one master.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks this is what we thought, we need the full 360 tv sent not the TV mini which they say they are sending. Have no idea who to contact to sort

Hi hobbs_s, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there is some confusion around what's happening for you. 

In order to confirm any account specific information I will need to pass data protection with you first of all. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs