Menu
andyjt
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't upgrade or contact Virgin online

Hi,

I'm interested in upgrading to TV360, however, don't want/can't afford to spend all day on the phone or on endless webchats.

I get the message when trying to see my upgrades:
Oops! Something went wrong.
Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.

Also, this message when I click "Contact us" on the bottom of the page:
Oh, crikey. We can't find that page
Maybe the link you clicked is broken or you typed in the wrong address. Perhaps the page doesn't exist any more. Or maybe it's just a glitch in the matrix.

I know there is a global pandemic going on but I think this kind of customer service is quite pathetic (even though I didn't expect anything else)
I've never understood why Virgin have always treated their existing, loyal customers with such indifference.

Please tell me what I'm supposed to do to upgrade without ringing ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't upgrade or contact Virgin online

Hello

Beaware that the v360 upgrade is currently only for customer on the Oomph packages, it will be a software push to the current v6 boxes and a delivery of new remotes.

With regards to upgrades I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Guess it is worth making clear that the 360 upgrade to the V6 boxes is still in customer pilot so you can't request that yet.

Any existing TV customer upgrading to (or already on) Ultimate Oomph going for 360 will have their kit physically swapped for a HDD box and a mini box.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello @BenMcr 

It went live today there is a message in one of the VIP forums.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
andyjt
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

I would probably want to upgrade to the Ultimate oomph, but only if its the same deal as new customers ...Eighty-odd quid for 18 months then much more after that ? I'd prefer a new box and obviously the 2nd mini box would be a bonus.

I'll give the text message service a try, I don't mind waiting for a reply, just don't want to be holding on the phone forever.

Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

From ispreview.co.uk 

Cable broadband ISP Virgin Media UK (Liberty Global) has today made their new next generation TV 360 platform available to take by all new TV customers as standard, as well as to existing customers who already take, or choose to upgrade to, the top Ultimate Oomph bundle.

Ultimate Oomph pricing for new customers is currently showing as £89, so may be worthwhile re-negotiating . bundles/ultimate-oomph-bundle 

I've found the following online chat messenger links for customers wanting to upgrade to the TV360 & Ultimate Oomph package. 

customer/all-in-one#touch  and /all-in-one#boost 

It should also work for existing Ultimate Oomph customers, however you may get the mini and a new box, and not a software upgrade to existing V6 boxes. Hopefully VM Staff can confirm which applies.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So what your saying is that youve gotto be on the ultimate ump to get this upgrade.my bill is a mere £106 per month total.and thats not enough ump to get this poxi cheapo mickey mouse upgrade.is that what your saying.and if there is a moderator on here whats the number £ a customer has to pay to get offered this 360 upgrade please and thanks.

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..v6 box
Ps5& .
+size 9 feet..iphone 11 plus..
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

With this opinion,

this poxi cheapo mickey mouse upgrade”

I’m not sure why you want it?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Dereklad,

You should contact VM and have a word with the Retentions Team (thinking of leaving us) as the Forum Staff can't process regrades/prices. 

And ask about/ negotiate a price for the Ultimate Oomph bundle which would give you a V6 and mini box on the TV360 platform. You probably won't get the new customer price, but a bit of friendly haggling should gain a reduction to around the same amount you are currently paying, possibly less, assuming you don't have any more than 2 set top boxes.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post