Menu
Sjames16
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Can’t set up new mini box

I’ve recently received my 360 box and mini box and proceeded to set them up. No problem with the main box, but the mini is stuck with the error message “unable to download software update” tried numerous things with no joy. Spoke to live chat who couldn’t help and tried customer services who also couldn’t help. They said someone form the 360 team would ring me but I’m still waiting on that call. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t set up new mini box

Is your mini connected to both a coax feed and to broadband (either ethernet or wifi)?  It needs both to be connected.

What's the error code?

0 Kudos
Sjames16
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it was connected to both. WiFi originally and then I tried Ethernet but I think the box was stuck by then. If I could reset the box to factory settings and try Ethernet I was hoping that might do it.

error code is CS1028

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The error code page doesn't shine any more light on the subject!

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs1028-contactus

It could be a number of things (box not properly activated, servers down...).  If it doesn't sort itself out by tomorrow morning you'll need to phone up again.  If you call early on you usually get through in a reasonable amount of time. I usually follow the "thinking of leaving route" and then ask to be transferred to the 360 team.

0 Kudos
Sjames16
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, checked that page already!

My next thought was to ring up and go down the cancellation route, just wasn’t sure if I could get through to the 360 team that way. Will give it a go though, thanks

0 Kudos
Jodw1
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Did you find a solution? I’m having the same problem since yesterday. 

0 Kudos
Sjames16
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Just on the phone to Virgin, on hold! Apparently I have an engineer visit booked which is news to me! I’ll let you know how I get on.

Sjames16
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

So, the engineering visit I have booked is actually a call back from the 360 team. I was promised this would be within 48 hours but it’s now been a week. I called up again and asked to be put through to the 360 team but I ended up back with the technical team who can’t do anything for me. 

So, I’m still without a working 360 mini box at the moment. Guess I’ll have to wait for that phone call

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried to do a factory reset of the mini box? The instructions are for the main TV360 box, however they should be the same on the mini.

To factory reset go to Settings (cog at end of Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

It's actually not a complete factory reset but may enable you to download the update again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Sjames16
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I would love to do a factory reset, but I can’t access anything on the box. I turn it on, it says please wait/welcome and then the error pops up

0 Kudos