cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t record

tickers59
Joining in

Just got a new box from virgin even though we were happy with the one we had. Now getting error message saying “can’t record as no hard drive”. Phoned 150 who told us to reboot box then reboot again. They have now raised a ticket so got to wait for a response. Any ideas?  

4 REPLIES 4

Roseyhue
On our wavelength

Perhaps its a mini box meant for use as a sub network box to a V6 type box.  Mini boxes don't have a hard drive.  Either that or the box has a faulty hard drive.  Was your existing box a V6?

Roseyhue
On our wavelength

If its a mini box it needs to be connected to your main box by a cable and it uses the hard drive in the main box to record onto........I believe!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tickers59 wrote:

Just got a new box from virgin even though we were happy with the one we had

Let's expand on this... What box did you have? And what have you been given? What were the circumstances that led to the swap? VM don't tend to replace equipment unnecessarily, so there's something going on here.

There's photos of VM TV boxes here - let's establish what's happened first, before presuming anything.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello tickers59, 

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you were having an issue with the box.

How are things looking now?

I can see our Team have been in touch with you.

Gareth_L