cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t pause rewind or record anything just keeps saying can’t find hard drive CS6002

lukeburroughs
Joining in

I have tried a reset on my virgin 360 box but still receiving this message when trying to record a programme. I do not own a 360 mini so it is not a connection issue. Do I need a replacement Virgin 360 box?

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are two possible causes of this error.

1) The hard drive in the box has failed.

2) A CPE IP mismatch. V360 Horizon runs on a server based system that was designed to record programmes to a cloud server. This is the way the platform is used in the rest of Europe (excluding Ireland). Due to the broadcasters here not permitting cloud recording, the server has to record to your individual hard drive. If the information on your hard drive location does not match what is on the server you have no access to your hard drive. This seems to occur most on boxes that have been migrated from TiVO firmware.

A member of the forum team will be along in a day or so to assist, or you can ring faults & try that route to get this resolved.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lukeburroughs wrote:

I have tried a reset on my virgin 360 box 

It does sound like the box needs replacing.  Was that a factory reset?

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lukeburroughs ,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having error messages with your hard drive. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lukeburroughs,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but this can be checked and managed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear straight away, but after an hour or so it should update and show it.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!