cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find hard drive error message

BSG25
Joining in

Getting the 'Can't find hard drive' error message, can't delete anything or record anything. Finally got through to the call centre after 2.5 hrs of jumping through hoops and waiting in whatsapp queue. The 'Technician' could not help in any way and after 15 mins of trying things I had already tried they advised that they had just had a notification that there was a known issue and it would be fixed in 24 hrs as it was affecting many users with this same box. Now having had this error message before on a different box and it having to be swapped out for a new one I am doubtful this is going to fix itself in 24 hrs at all but despite my reluctance to go off the call was told there was nothing more to be done and just needed to wait. Has anyone else got his issue tonight ? or has this just been the technician's way of getting me off the call cause they didn't know how to fix it ?? 

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BSG25 

VM can't book a tech appointment if there is a known fault - the automated systems cancel the booking. To check for faults you could the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level and estimated fix time.

If there isn't a known fault showing then try pausing live TV and then playing it back.   That's the same as doing a recording and if that doesn't work it would confirm a hard drive error.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BSG25 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the issue with the TV box. Which box is this please, the main one or your mini box?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BSG25 wrote:

Getting the 'Can't find hard drive' error message, can't delete anything or record anything. Finally got through to the call centre after 2.5 hrs of jumping through hoops and waiting in whatsapp queue. The 'Technician' could not help in any way and after 15 mins of trying things I had already tried they advised that they had just had a notification that there was a known issue and it would be fixed in 24 hrs as it was affecting many users with this same box. Now having had this error message before on a different box and it having to be swapped out for a new one I am doubtful this is going to fix itself in 24 hrs at all but despite my reluctance to go off the call was told there was nothing more to be done and just needed to wait. Has anyone else got his issue tonight ? or has this just been the technician's way of getting me off the call cause they didn't know how to fix it ?? 

The Horizon platform, which runs V360 is a server based system. It was designed to record content to the cloud (as it does in Europe) & not locally (as the broadcasters in the UK & Ireland have insisted it must). All the information about your recordings, & the ability to play them back are driven from the server. So if the server is down, or cannot connect to your box via your Broadband hub then this can cause the symptoms you have.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you but checked if there were any known faults before I called Virgin and there were none, tried a factory reset and every thing I could think of and suggested in the forums too. Called back first thing this morning and after 26 minutes on the phone lo and behold I am getting a new box sent out cos the hard drive has failed. Frustrating that all that time was wasted. Thanks for trying to help appreciate the reply 

It was the main box and after calling back this morning I am getting a replacement box as its been diagnosed as a failed hard drive after all. Shame the technician could not have dealt with the issue last night instead of fobbing me off especially as I am going to have to wait 3 to 5 days for the box to arrive. Thanks for at least responding to my message anyway. 

When I called back this morning it was diagnosed as a failed hard drive which the box itself was indicating, so hard to believe anything other than the ' known issue' reason given was just an excuse. Poor show from the customer service initially but redeemed by the clearly more competent person today. Thanks for the response anyway and it was useful to know. Appreciate your time. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BSG25 👋

Thanks for the update on this - I'm glad to hear you've been able to get things resolved after speaking with our team. I've forwarded on feedback regarding the agent who advised of a known issue, to ensure we're getting the right information to our customers.

Please let us know if you need anything else, and we'll be more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Unfortunately I was a little hasty to think the problem was solved. The 'more helpful' customer service agent turned out to not do his job properly either after promising a replacement hard drive. He didn't complete the order and therefore the promise of a new box within 3-5 days did not materialise, called called back to chase the order on Thursday after it did not turn up and the 3rd customer service agent did the process again and once again was told My box would come by Tuesday. When I did not receive the promised confirmation the next morning I called back to be told that the agent had also not completed the order properly and in fact should never have said that I would get a replacement box without an installation guy coming out to check the fault first. So today, finally,  after nearly 2 weeks being unable to use my virgin service properly we have had a replacement box installed due to 'a falied hard drive' Surprise surprise!!  Really, really, disappointed with this fiasco, my experience of the customer service was an utter disgrace. I have been with virgin for 23 years and am usually eager to encourage others to move to Virgin but after this you can forget it

Hey @BSG25,

Sorry to hear this issue took a while to get resolved for you, if you do have anything further you require do please let us know and we would be happy to assist.

joe