Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can't Set Recordings from V360 Mini

Had V360 since January (2 x Humax boxes). Noticed last night that I can't set recordings from the Mini - the record button literally does nothing. I can't record live programmes from live TV or from the Guide. The main box downstairs works fine. I've tried the following:

• Factory reset of both boxes

• Reset and re-pairing of both remotes

• Both boxes are set to Fast Start

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

(It's worth mentioning that it has worked previously).

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Set Recordings from V360 Mini

Can you still watch recordings from the main box on the mini, that would prove the 2 boxes are talking to each other, I would have thought if there was a communication problem between the 2 boxes you would have had an error message. If you use the guide and press the info button you will get the option to record and you don't have to use the record button. If that works then it's possibly just a faulty remote button. You could prove that by unpairing the remotes and then pairing them to the other box, it's a pity you can't have more than one remote paired to the box it would be so much easier.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can view recordings on the Mini and both boxes are communicating. Bizarrely, when selecting info from the Guide, there’s no record option.

I’ve even swapped remotes with each box so it’s not the remote. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As a test, I’ve just started watching The Oath on VTV UHD. I selected the programme info and scrolled across to Record. Nothing happens. I press the OK button and it won’t record. This is becoming much weirder 😔

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just tried recording the oath on my mini and it started recording on the main box straight away.

What version software are you on 4.31 or 4.32. I am still on 4.31.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I’m still on 4.31 too. The feature worked previously on that release. Very strange. I’ve tried the automated fault line and no issues were found. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well that as you say that is weird, you have tried all the obvious fixes so unless it's something that magically disappears if the 4.32 update doesn't fix it you may have to call Virgin unless someone from the Forum Team or someone else has had the same problem and can offer some advice.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Don't forget if they changed the light from red to blue with out updating the box's to 4.32 then they could have updated other things   ie all of a sudden this happened.      

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Swf wrote:

Don't forget if they changed the light from red to blue with out updating the box's to 4.32 then they could have updated other things   ie all of a sudden this happened.      

Correct on that one, when I turned the box off one night I noticed the led changed to yellow, turned it back on when it went red and there was a message, software upgraded, thought it might have been 4.32 but no still 4.31, nothing else obvious.

Swf
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@roy247 wrote:

@Swf wrote:

Correct on that one, when I turned the box off one night I noticed the led changed to yellow, turned it back on when it went red and there was a message, software upgraded, thought it might have been 4.32 but no still 4.31, nothing else obvious.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos