cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Delete

ami107
Tuning in

Hi All

If anyone can help with this that would be very much appreciated. We had 2 x V6 boxes which were brilliant.On renewal we were persuaded to get the 360 service. We got the remotes and the V6s did their software update to 360. One of the boxes was overheating so Virgin decided to replace both the V6s which were Arris boxes to Humax boxes. They did this and the Humax boxes immediately showed the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s, but they were only showing them in the indexing and could not have possibly been available because the two Humax boxes had nothing on their harddrives. We tried repeatedly to delete the referencing to the Saved programs from the old Arris V6 boxes but couldn't. Eventually Virgin sent an engineer who said he was going to sort everything out by changing both Humax boxes with one new Humax box and one mini box. He did this and exactly the same thing happened again, that is both the boxes immediately showed the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s and these are undeletable. The problem is on new recordings that are series linked and associated with the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s the latest boxes store everything together. This means that recent recordings are mixed up with the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s that are both unavailable and undeletable. This is a nightmare as we have to shift through dozens of episodes of some programs to see what we can and can't watch. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Ami

30 REPLIES 30

Thanks ami107

Ideally we would need the steps you take to get to the error 

That way we can then look at how to fix this

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

We two big Humax boxes and on installation both immediately showed the programs that were in the Saved section on our old Arris V6s, but they were only showing them in the indexing and could not have possibly been available because the two Humax boxes had nothing on their harddrives. We tried repeatedly to delete the referencing to the Saved programs from the old Arris V6 boxes but couldn't. Eventually Virgin sent an engineer who said he was going to sort everything out by changing both Humax boxes with one new Humax box and one mini box. He did this and exactly the same thing happened again, that is both the boxes immediately showed the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s and these are undeletable. The problem is on new recordings that are series linked and associated with the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s the latest boxes store everything together. This means that recent recordings are mixed up with the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s that are both unavailable and undeletable. This is a nightmare as we have to shift through dozens of episodes of some programs to see what we can and can't watch.

We have tried to delete the old program in the virgin tv app as well but that does nothing. I have uninstalled and re-installed the iOS TVGo app.
I can play some programs that have been recorded after the 'upgrade' to 360 but not the ones that the boxes insists on listed that can not be deleted nor watched.
All serial numbers match on the Virgin Box and the TVGO app
Factory reset did no good not even the format disk option.

If I try to watch one of the programs that cannot be deleted I get the error that is shown on the screenshot below in this post, which says 'object is offline, or not connecting. turn it on to watch your recordings'

IMG_2915_1_11zon.jpg

Hi Ami, thank you for coming back to us. Sorry to hear of your experience and issues with the Boxes!

The programmes which you are currently unable to delete or watch - can you see which programme they are? If so, if you can please let us know this. (They should appear in Saved > Recorded > See All) or (Saved >Recordings>Planned Recordings> See All)

How many unviewable shows or series links are there on the box at the moment? 

What did the technician advise following replicating the issue again on the new replacement boxes? Did they advise they would be looking to return or replace the boxes again? 

Following your answer to these questions we can send you a PM to confirm a few account details and investigate this further for you!

All the best! 

Molly

Dear Sirs

Please see my answers in red.

The programmes which you are currently unable to delete or watch - can you see which programme they are? If so, if you can please let us know this. (They should appear in Saved > Recorded > See All) or (Saved >Recordings>Planned Recordings> See All)

The programmes which we are currently unable to delete or watch are multiple. There is football, Pawn Stars, Movies and compiling a list would take hours of time. There are at least 100 plus programmes. However these programs do not actually exist on the current Humax box's hard drive. They can not possibly exist on the hard drive because they were never recorded to the hard drive in the current Humax box. These programs were on the old Arris V6 box hard drive and we should have been advised to delete them before upgrading. Because we did not delete them before upgrading the programme's title and date of recording are still associated with my account and this causes them t appear in our Saved section. We have had two sets of boxes since the Arris V6 and as soon as they are hooked up they make references to these 'ghost' programmes but do not let us view or delete them.

How many unviewable shows or series links are there on the box at the moment? 

More than 100.

What did the technician advise following replicating the issue again on the new replacement boxes? Did they advise they would be looking to return or replace the boxes again? 

Both engineers have concluded that having changed the boxes themselves replacing them again  will not help. My account needs to be wiped clean or deleted and then I need to start over. Either I want this to happens or I will leave Virgin on the grounds that Virgin have effectively downgraded me, mis-sold a product to me that is not fit for purpose and are thus currently in breach of UK consumer Protection Laws.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ami107

Thank you for your response

I'm going to drop you a private message to collect a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello to Virgin Staff,
It's a real pity I have been mis-sold this product as I am slowly being reduced to the fact that I will have to leave Virgin. Currently I have the full virgin pack including all movies, Sports and all other channels at home. On top of thisI have multiple virgin mobile accounts and I also have a business account with Virgin which includes telephone and the fastest fibre broadband package with fixed IP address. My total spend with virgin per annum is normally three to four thousand pounds (£3000.00 to £4000.00) and I am afraid I am going to leave virgin as I have found the customer service appalling.
Some engineers have even told there is not a problem and others have promised me call backs when they clearly had no intention of ever coming back.
This really is the worst service I have seen recently and I can't wait to terminate all my services one by one. I'm mostly out of contract on everything so I will begin to see what other competing services have to offer now.
Ami107

Hi ami107,

We can see that you are currently in a private message with Travis. We will leave you in his capable hands, and he will come back to you in due course.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi All

Just to update this ongoing thread for the benefit of the community please note the following. Another engineer came on the 17th May (this must be the 5th engineer). He called someone called 'Nigel' who is supposed to be the expert on all things regarding this issue. Nigel said he will get it resolved but nothing has happened. Everything is the same. My husband who is a recording engineer and very tech minded explained to Nigel that all that needed to have been done was, prior to 'upgrading' to the 360, customers should have been advised to delete their existing hard drive or a simple software script should have been incorporated into the 'upgrade' procedure to do this automatically. Nigel agreed but has still done nothing. We await further input from Virgin Media and in the meantime Virgin Media continue to overcharge me on their invoicing for the privilege of enduring this nightmare. This is something I will address later.

Thank you

Ami107

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread ami107.

I can see that my colleague Travis has responded to your private message and will update you as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Nat

Hi Natalie,

Still waiting to hearing anything meaningful, from anyone at virgin including Travis. This saga has beening going on for months now.

Ami107