cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Delete

ami107
Tuning in

Hi All

If anyone can help with this that would be very much appreciated. We had 2 x V6 boxes which were brilliant.On renewal we were persuaded to get the 360 service. We got the remotes and the V6s did their software update to 360. One of the boxes was overheating so Virgin decided to replace both the V6s which were Arris boxes to Humax boxes. They did this and the Humax boxes immediately showed the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s, but they were only showing them in the indexing and could not have possibly been available because the two Humax boxes had nothing on their harddrives. We tried repeatedly to delete the referencing to the Saved programs from the old Arris V6 boxes but couldn't. Eventually Virgin sent an engineer who said he was going to sort everything out by changing both Humax boxes with one new Humax box and one mini box. He did this and exactly the same thing happened again, that is both the boxes immediately showed the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s and these are undeletable. The problem is on new recordings that are series linked and associated with the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s the latest boxes store everything together. This means that recent recordings are mixed up with the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s that are both unavailable and undeletable. This is a nightmare as we have to shift through dozens of episodes of some programs to see what we can and can't watch. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Ami

30 REPLIES 30

Hi Newappollo

Thanks for your help. Just to let you know , I worked through your suggestions and,

I have uninstalled and re-installed the iOS TVGo app.
I can play some programs that have been recorded after the 'upgrade' to 360 but not the ones that the boxes insists on listed that can not be deleted nor watched.
All serial numbers match on the Virgin Box and the TVGO app
Factory reset did no good not even the format disk option.

I am shocked how difficult this has been so far but I must thank you for your help.
Regards

Anita

roy247
Community elder

Hello again ami107,

It's not going well is it, you said in your first post that the recordings are linked to series links, as you have tried just about everything including reformatting the hard drive so now you have lost everything, as japitts said these are just links that need to be cleared, seems to be easier said than done,  you could try this, you can use the TVGO app or the 360 box, using the app go to Settings and select Recordings, then select Fast clean-up options and Delete all recordings, if you haven't set up any new series links you could go try every option. 🤞

Edited to say; I assume you haven't tried deleting this way using the app and you were just trying to delete individual programmes using the app.

Hi Roy 247,

It's so kind of you to try to help. I just tried what you suggested and still no joy.

Thank you though for trying,

Ami

roy247
Community elder

Hi ami107,

As the recordings were on your V6 boxes why not try downloading the TV Control app and see if they show on that, it shouldn't work with your 360 boxes but if it some how manages to find these links you may be able to delete them using this app as it for the V6. If not just delete the app.

Hi Roy

I tried what have kindly suggested and got the error message 'No compatible Virgin TV boxes were found on this account. If you have upgraded to Virgin TV 360, you can control your box from within the Virgin TV Go app'

Thank you for the suggestion though and any other ideas from this forum would be most welcomed.

Regards to all that have been kind enough to try and help. I hope this gets resolved eventually and benefits others who may have the same problem.

Ami

I'm so sorry to see this has been ongoing @ami107

I can see that there is an outage currently ongoing in your area which prevents me from being able to run full and comprehensive diagnostics to look into this further.

The fix date for this outage is for tomorrow, the 12th at 3pm.

Are you able to let us know how things are looking then so we can look into this further with you?

Thank you. 

Hi Ash

Yes I'll let you know ow things stand after the expected fix

Thank you

Ami

Hi Ash

The situation is the same. No improvement. Very disappointing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Ami

Hi @ami107,

Can you just confirm the exact route you are taking and share any screenshots if possible?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Aiysha
Not sure really what you mean by the exact route but if you look at my posts in this thread you will see the extensive lengths I have gone to and to still not been able to get this resolved. I'm pretty much exhausted with this now and very disappointed that Virgin have put a system out there that is not fit for purpose. I was much happier with the V6 boxes. This 360 platform is ill conceived and not ready. I feel like a Beta tester who is paying for the privilege this is not right and not compliant with UK Consumer Protection legislation. If you can do anything to help it would be most welcomed as I will have to resort to removing the entire system and going back to Sky if this can not be resolved.
Regards
Amita