Menu
davx8342
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call centre can't place the tv360 upgrade order for me

Hi there,

I'm posting here because I have spent about 5 hours in total on hold over several days over the past month trying to get my oompf package upgraded to tv360.

The call handlers get an error when they try and place the order. They then state they'll call me back the following day (they don't) and I'm forced to then spend another hour on hold trying to get through on the phone. And then because no one seems to make use of the customer notes I have to explain the problem. Again. They try and place the order. It fails. They promise a callback. The callback never happens. It's like groundhog day...

Then on the 4th time, I get transferred to someone onshore who basically just goes "yeah, it's your v6 box, we can't upgrade that particular one you have, we're out of stock of replacement v6 boxes, call back in a month". I have no idea what's special about the v6 box I have, but this is the closest I've come to an explanation, and a glimmer of hope.

So today (it's been over a month) I call back. I have to explain the whole story. Again. They try and place the order. Surprise surprise the order fails. They don't know why. I'm promised a callback. They tell me there are no managers I can talk to. They have no technical team they can hand over to help. All I have is the option of a callback.

Please, please, please can someone help me with this.

0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call centre can't place the tv360 upgrade order for me

The On-shore guy explained it correctly.  Older V6 boxes can't be upgraded, so you need a new box. Because they're short of boxes they can't exchange it unless there's a fault with the existing box.  If you also have a TiVo box in another room then it requires an engineer's visit which they can't do either, due to Covid.

Have you been reading the 360 forum? Do you really want to move to 360?  I declined the offer when I recently upgraded to Ooomph.

davx8342
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I understand that to upgrade multiple boxes you need an engineer visit.

Thing is, although I'm on the omphf package (which you get two boxes with) I only have one box.

And my account shows I only have one box activated. So I shouldn't need an engineer visit? This should be a "remote in the post", and software update. But every time they try and place the order it fails. I'm assuming because the package assumes 2 boxes?

Re: 360 issues - yeah, I've seen people talking about visual quality issues, I'm kind of on the fence about doing the upgrade but I only ever watch about 3 tv channels when there's some motorsport to be had.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@davx8342 wrote:

Re: 360 issues - yeah, I've seen people talking about visual quality issues, I'm kind of on the fence about doing the upgrade but I only ever watch about 3 tv channels when there's some motorsport to be had.

Whatever you decide, remember that a migration to 360 is a one-way road that can't be undone. At the moment, many people are getting on with it fine - and you could well be another - but there's a fair few who aren't (for various reasons). Many of those reasons will be solved in-time, but - just make any change on an informed basis.

There's been a few posts from people wanting to undo the change and not liking being told "no".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@davx8342 wrote:

... every time they try and place the order it fails. I'm assuming because the package assumes 2 boxes?

No, it’s as the guy told you. You have an older V6 box which can’t be updated. I had the same. 

0 Kudos