cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS9996 Error - no Ethernet connection to V360 Box

Nick-Whit
Tuning in

Hello all.

The Ethernet connection has dropped out from my V360 Box with an error code: CS9996

I’ve checked all the connections and restarted several times and they seem fine, but still no connection via Ethernet. 

However, there is an internet signal coming through the Ethernet cable as proved by me being able to connect my Fire TV using it. 

For the moment I’ve taken the Ethernet cable out the back of the V360 Box and the box is connecting via wifi. However, I’d rather use Ethernet for stability though  

Any suggestions? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VM's TV boxes only work with VM's hubs.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nick-Whit 

Did you try a different ethernet cable?

Also a different ethernet port on the hub?

You say you've rebooted several times. Was this just the 360, or did you also reboot the hub?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dave
There are two direct feed cables coming into the house. One cable upstairs goes straight to the hub that broadcasts the wifi and operates the landline.
The other cable has two Ethernet connectors, and two tv signal connectors. Neither go anywhere near the hub - they go direct to the V360 Box. I use the second “spare” Ethernet connector to get an internet signal to my Fire TV Box. As I said, both Ethernet connections still work fine with my Fire TV Box. 
The rebooting was of the V360 Box. The hub itself doesn’t need rebooting, as the Ethernet signal doesn’t come from there in my instance. I can’t try any other Ethernet cable, as it would need to be 20 metres long to plug into the hub upstairs. 

Im guessing there must be a hardware (dodgy connector) issue with the Ethernet socket on the V360 Box?

VM's TV boxes only work with VM's hubs.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks Roger. 
it’s a long time since I installed the tv/internet/phone.  Given the physical set up, I must have done so using Wifi rather than Ethernet and forgot to take the Ethernet cable out of the V360 box.