cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS9994 Fault

auldyin
Dialled in

Hi,

I had 2xV6 boxes , 1 Hub (version 5 I think; Lights in narrow band round top of Hub). The system is on HomePlug and a pod helps with signal distribution upstairs)

Last night I had a problem and lost internet connection. I tried all of the usual things about connections etc etc.

I was unable to solve the problem so phoned VM to report it. The tech said that this was a Hub problem and that they would send out a new Hub (taking 3-5 working days).

Im terrified about this because, fundamentally, an old man and I find this sort of problem really difficult to contemplate.

Should VM not have sent out a tech?

They didnt!!!

So, without any real knowledge I will be left to install a new hub into a boosted home plug VM 360 system and not have a clue what I'm doing!

Unhappy days Im afraid!!

That the 360 system is horrendous seems largely to have been ignored by VM from what I'm reading

Candidly, I'm dreading fitting this Hub and I dont think it will change anything

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @auldyin 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

I am sorry for the service fault but no, as a rule of thumb, if the diagnostics ran say it's a replacement hub needed, then we'd send it QuickStart to you, which is normally quicker than an engineer visit.

I appreciate what you're saying however, follow the advice on the link below;

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-broadband - should help you with plugging the new router in.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

I have managed to fix this problem.

There was something wrong with a thingy called DEBIAN. No idea what it is or does but I either switched it on (or off) and everything seems to be functioning OK

I found the VM connect app, dont have a clue....the App says its not connected......everything seems connected though!

Connect APP now shows that there is no POD in the system and it about 2feet away from me

Sorry John, I've just about had enough of VM and I've no idea what to do. All of the for £120 per month

Cheers auldyin.......feeling like very very very auldyin!!!!

Hi auldyin, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We're glad to hear that you're been able to get things resolved. 

If you've not yet plugged in the new hub, this will need to be done as the old hub will become deactive a few days after the new Hub's delivery. 

Once the app updates with the new hub details, which can take up to 5 days, the pod should then show in the app again. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you need further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,
New hub arrived but haven't fitted it yet.
Surely it's not going to take up to 5 days to activate? 

Everything here seems to be functioning correctly so should I not just leave it functioning or should I wait?

Cheers

Hi @auldyin,

If the new hub has arrived I'd recommend fitting it at your earliest convenience. It can take up to 5 days, but can be much quicker than that.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!