cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS6002 Error code & terrible engineer experience

BullishBull
Joining in

I recently had my router moved to a different location in anticipation of Virgin TV being installed, the engineer was great, went the extra mile to help etc. The engineer who arrived today to install the 360 TV boxes, well what a contrast, he was terrible. He arrives, tells me that it will be a "ball ache" to install the second box upstairs because he will have to run cable on the external wall of my house, into the bedroom. I ask him if it's possible to do so, he says yeah it is, then he walks to his van to get his equipment, he comes back to me and says "I only have one TV box, I can't install the mini 360 upstairs". My first thought was why would you turn up to my property with only one TV box when the job/order clearly states two boxes. To me it just feels like he couldn't be bothered to do the work required for the second box upstairs. To compound this issue, the box he did manage to install doesn't even work properly, whenever I try to record or pause, I receive the following message: 

Can't find hard drive, we have found a problem with your hard drive, your virgin tv box will work, but you won't be able to pause live TV or watch recordings. I've tried calling Virgin Media, they asked me for the serial number of the TV box, they then told me to wait an hour for a manual activation from their end, it fixed nothing. The box also has an orange/amber light on the front. I assume the box is faulty. I don't mean to come across as a moaning XYZ but I'm very disappointed with the service received today. Is it possible for staff on here to arrange an engineer to fix the box downstairs and install the 2nd box upstairs that should of been fitted in the first place?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi BullishBull 

It's possible that the tech installed a minibox and not the main 360, hence the reason it's can't detect a hard drive.. 

Please can you confirm which box was installed?

The minibox is shown on the right in the picture below and is only half the height of the main 360 since it doesn't have a hard drive.

main 360 (left) and mini 360 (right)main 360 (left) and mini 360 (right)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

the engineer has installed a 360 box. He was supposed to install a mini box upstairs.

Hi there @BullishBull 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and installation and thank you for letting us know, this is not at all what we would expect of our team. 

I'm going to pop you a Private Message so we can take a look into this. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hi there @BullishBull 

Thank you so much for chatting with me via the PM and I am so glad to hear an engineer was able to resolve this for you.

Should you need any help in the future please do let me know and I'll do all I can to help.