Menu
JamesFromLeeds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

CS2217 error

I’ve spoken to the Indian call centre several times and the issue has not been resolved.

I see it’s a common problem from this community - cannot be fixed remotely it does it need an engineer visit to resolve?

Thanks James 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: CS2217 error

You've not explained the circumstances where you're getting this error, which will certainly help in trying to advise.

That said, the online help for this error - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2217-contactus suggests this is like to need VM intervention.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JamesFromLeeds
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My 360 mini box allows me to record programmes, but when I try to watch them, I receive error code CS2217 advising playback is not possible. 

I have called Virgin’s helpline and they advise it will be fixed on a certain date, but that date comes and the issue has not been resolved.

Any suggestions/solutions are welcomed 

Thanks James 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The obvious things that I'd want to rule out..

1: Your main box is set to fast-start or active-start?

2: You can view the same recordings from the main box?

3: Both boxes can use VoD ok, thus proving the 360 <--> Hub connection as ok. Also check Settings > Network > Diagnostic for the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JamesFromLeeds
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts,

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I’ve checked all 3 and confirm: 

1. the main box is on fast start

2. I can watch recordings perfectly on the main box, but whilst I can see the show names on the smaller 360 box I cannnot play them and get the CS2217 error

3. Yes diagnostics all look good: signal quality good, internet connection is Ethernet and connection speed is high allowing up to Ultra HD

Thanks James 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JamesFromLeeds,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the 360, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to speak with a technical agent.

We have raised a work order for the issue and this is being investigated for you, at the moment there is no fix date showing.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos