cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2217 Message

stan_b
Joining in

So this is now the 5th time I have had this error message. Previous 4 times I did all the checks i.e. unplugged, checked cables, checked wifi etc. All ok. Did a factory reset, all came back okay except all passwords etc had dropped off apps.

The last 4 times it was just playing recordings I had the problem with. Now it is playing recordings, making recordings and pausing live TV. Pretty sure the box or hard drive definitely needs replacing. I have tried phoning and all I got was a silly text message that went nowhere basically and I am in limbo. Is there a number I can ring to actually speak to someone to either get an engineer out or a replacement box. Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Superstar

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Another option is to wait for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's, but has generally been a lot quicker recently.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stan_b thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here with your TV box.

Please allow me to send you a PM so we can look into this further for you and get a replacement sorted if necessary.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W