cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2004 on any live TV channels

gjones46
Just joined

Hi - I have just switched from Sky to Virgin and have a 360 box.  I have connected it to our wifi system and the box has connected successfully but I cannot watch any live TV channels (which is why I wanted to box) and get a CS2004 error on all live channels including the virgin channel.   I did not connect up the coax as the box is across the other side of the room from the router.   From the instructions I understood that the coax was not necessary if the box was connected to the internet via ethernet or wifi.   I have >500mb wifi and so it is plenty quick enough for streaming TV.   Please help as I have been struggling to find a solution.  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ozsat
Superstar

The big co-ax has to be connected for the box to work. Wifi is for data and apps - tv channels come down the big co-ax.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

ozsat
Superstar

The big co-ax has to be connected for the box to work. Wifi is for data and apps - tv channels come down the big co-ax.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gjones46, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with the TV channels. 

As pointed out by ozsat, the box itself needs to be connected via the coaxial cable as this is what provides the service to you. If the cable isn't long enough to reach where you would like the box to go, we can arrange for an engineer to come out to install the box for you. They will provide a much longer cable to allow you to pop the box wherever you want. 

I would just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs