cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2004 Error

Astruix
Tuning in

Got my VM package in February and since then some channels don’t work; they get the CS2004 error.

I’ve tried unplugging everything and have gone through the main support options on the website and nothing seems to work.

Any idea what could fix this? I’ve read that it could be someone to do with a low signal coming from VM? Do I need an engineer out to sort this?

Loosing my patients a bit with it. 

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Superstar

Which channels are affected, they are broadcast on muxes so it might need an engineer visit to adjust signal levels. 

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's or it could be less seems to be a lot quicker recently.

Astruix
Tuning in

I haven’t gone through them all, but some BBC channels and some ITV channels. I’ve got a webchat scheduled with VM tomorrow so hopefully they can book an engineer visit. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Astruix 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your TV

Have you ran through the TV error code page here? Please run through this and let us know how you get on - you should see the issue resolved through here and if not, we'll be sure to investigate further. Keep us updated with how the webchat goes also

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The chat experience was awful. The link didn’t work on multiple devices and I ended up having to email them. They still haven’t replied to my email. Absolutely atrocious customer support on their part. 

Not sure where to turn next. I believe I need an engineer out to fix the problem as others have had the same issue previously. 

Have you actually tried phoning to report a problem which would be the quickest way to get an engineer rather than the I don't want to speak to someone approach which is possibly the slowest.

Maybe I’m being a bit dense here, but I’ve tried phoning twice. It’s an automated message that hangs up after texting you a link. How is that helpful at all? I’ve gone through the methods of fixing via the link i was sent and nothing worked. 

Have I done something wrong?

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Astruix wrote:

The chat experience was awful. The link didn’t work on multiple devices and I ended up having to email them. They still haven’t replied to my email. Absolutely atrocious customer support on their part. . 

VM won't have replied to your email as they don't have a direct customer facing email address.

Only the first page works on the CS2004 error link, hence it not working for you. The second and subsequent pages normally show you how to check the cabling connections.  Basically check all cables aren't worn and  are finger tight and free from any kinks.

You could try using the /check-services/i  function. This might give you the option to a run a test on your equipment from there.

As @roy247 said you can phone and report a fault. Call 150 or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, then select option 2 (Faults

Ignore all the options for online support etc and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two for a member of the forum team to pick this up again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

HI @Astruix 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies in the delay in responding, I can see some of the community members have been assisting. Can I ask, has the situation since resolved or is it still ongoing, please let us know. 

Thanks

Sabrina