cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS1011 error

Oli3212
Joining in

Yesterday I received and installed a second 360 box which, once set up worked (and still works) completely fine. However since this morning the main 360 box that is hardwired via an ethernet cable has been showing a CS1011 error. I have phone support multiple times today and have only ever been fobbed off with a "switch it off and on again" solution that never works. There are no connectivity issues in my area.

I'm confused as the 2nd box is still working absolutely fine.

I've looked elsewhere in the forums but there is no actual solution to the problem and only seems to be magic that actually solves the problem in due course.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Oli3212 

CS1011 is an account retreival error. It's possible that the main box has been deactivated in error when the mini box was installed.

Call 0800 953 9500 to see if they can re-activate the main 360 box -  you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

If that's unsuccessful it will need to be passed to 2nd/3rd level support to update the systems manually which may take 48/72 hours, and if that fails it will require a box swap.

You could swap the boxes around so that you can still watch TV via the mini box in the room the main 360 is in if that's your main viewing location, and then swap them back over when both boxes are active.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I think I'm already passed onto 3rd party support on this issue. I received texts to state that the various boxes are activated yesterday after i installed the second box. Switching boxes does nothing apart from move the issue to the other room! 

As the 2nd box was self installed to the letter of the installation book provided it leaves me to wonder why so many people are having the same issue. 

Unfortunately I tried the number as stated and the options and calk centre that I went through to was exactly the same as any other generic VM helpline. 

The person at the other end seemed to have no clue or comprehension as to what you have suggested and I went through the same questions again before being put on hold for 10 minutes with no input.

Why can't there be some transparency from VM as to what it is that we're doing wrong installing a second box? Customers then might be able to proactively make changes or try to resolve the issue themselves before they occur. Seems to be that I just have to sit around and wait for "something" to happen and the box will magically start working again.

I'd like someone from VM to actually contact me directly, the call centre seems to have no clue.

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Oli3212 

CS1011 is an account retreival error. It's possible that the main box has been deactivated in error when the mini box was installed.

Call 0800 953 9500 to see if they can re-activate the main 360 box -  you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

If that's unsuccessful it will need to be passed to 2nd/3rd level support to update the systems manually which may take 48/72 hours, and if that fails it will require a box swap.

You could swap the boxes around so that you can still watch TV via the mini box in the room the main 360 is in if that's your main viewing location, and then swap them back over when both boxes are active.

Hi Oli3212, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your 360 box looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration! I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Upon looking at your services on my side, it seems you may have already spoken with us recently about this. Could you confirm if that's correct and if an engineer was booked please? 

Thanks!

Megan_L

I have spoken to the helpline call centre multiple times and nobody really seemed to understand what the issue was.

I then received a text message stating that an engineer was coming round to fix this but this was never discussed or agreed to by myself. Links contained within did not work to rearrange and so I have had to cancel a medical appointment to save myself £25 of not being in. 

I hope this resolves the issue as I have no idea what I have done wrong self installing and there is zero transparency as to what the cause is. Makes offering self install as an option for a second box null and void if this is a common fault.

Hi @Oli3212 👋.

Thanks for your post. Apologies in the delay in replying. I can see you mentioned that an engineer was booked without prior discussion, we apologise for this, we always endeavour to ensure that all appointments made do fit within the customers schedule, rest assured this will be fed back to the department. 

Can I ask, did the engineer resolve the issue, also did you manage to obtain a medical appointment within ample time of your cancelled one?

Sabrina