cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS1011 account retrievel fail on main box

Laura1988amy
Joining in
  • Cannot watch anything on the main box the secondary box is fine tried rebooting and factory reset
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Laura1988amy 

Is this is a new customer installation? Did you install the boxes yourself?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs1011-contactus is an account retrieval error message.

Both boxes need  to be connected to the white coaxial cable and also an internet connection. Please make sure that the main box is connected to the white coaxial cable.

Sometimes rebooting the box clears that error, but since that's failed you could try swapping the mini 360 over with the main box and see if that kicks it into working order. (you can always switch them back again)

If the above fails it's likely that the CS1011 account retreival error is because the main box box hasn't been fully set up on VM's systems yet, or possibly because the box hasn't been activated.

You could try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the mini box -  you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Laura1988amy 

Is this is a new customer installation? Did you install the boxes yourself?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs1011-contactus is an account retrieval error message.

Both boxes need  to be connected to the white coaxial cable and also an internet connection. Please make sure that the main box is connected to the white coaxial cable.

Sometimes rebooting the box clears that error, but since that's failed you could try swapping the mini 360 over with the main box and see if that kicks it into working order. (you can always switch them back again)

If the above fails it's likely that the CS1011 account retreival error is because the main box box hasn't been fully set up on VM's systems yet, or possibly because the box hasn't been activated.

You could try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the mini box -  you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It's a new customer installation installed by engineers, I have rang help line they said it will take 5 working days 

Hi Laura1988amy

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear that you're main set top box is not working and throwing up the CS1011 error. I'd like to investigate this further if I may. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley