Menu
kantara
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

COMPLAINT HANDLING

COMPLAINTS C-1601211804 and C-010321865 made on 16/1/2021 and 1/3/2021 show that somebody will be in contact soon. I suspect that Virgin have adopted a policy of ignoring complaints despite the elaborate complaints procedure set out in their outline to making a complaint.

My original complaint was as a result of being cut off after hanging on for 52 minutes to speak to an agent. Clearly they use this tactic to distort any 'call waiting' figures they keep and as a result produce false figures.

Does anybody know how long Virgin take to get in touch?

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: COMPLAINT HANDLING

I can't answer your questions, but by next Saturday your original complaint will have reached the eight week limit and you can then escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, but what you would hope to get out of that only you can say.  You might get a few quid of compo, or they might side with VM's "Covid made me do it" excuses.  Or they might declare the complaint frivolous, in which case they'd not take it on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @kantara,

Thanks for getting in touch with us over the forums and I'm sorry that your complaints haven't been resolved yet, I can see that they are still open at the moment.

Have you been able to get the issues with your TV box resolved since the complaints have been logged?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
kantara
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I eventually managed to get everything working with the help of a visit to the Forum which provided a clear solution to my problem. Any contact from Virgin Media is still awaited and I am still infuriated by being disconnected after hanging on to speak to an agent for 52 minutes. The quality of service of the complaint handling team remains appalling.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @kantara and explaining whats happened since you posted.

I can take over looking into your complaints and hopefully be able to provide a satisfactory resolution. What would you be looking to get as a resolution from your complaints?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
kantara
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

I would like Virgin Media to understand how frustrating it is to hang on waiting to speak to somebody only to be disconnected and then to be totally ignored. The Complaints procedure lays out the details of how the complaint will be contacted but so far none of the details of the procedure have been followed. I pay a lot of money every month to Virgin and don’t think it is right to be treated with contempt.

I opted to try the new Virgin 360 and within days my box arrived without any instructions. I looked on YouTube and watched a man fit his new box using the cables already in place. However when I did this I got an error message and hence tried to contact Virgin on 150. After being disconnected I reverted to my old system. Five days later my box was rebooted and I again installed the new box again and found everything to work but could not record any programmes. I managed to contact Virgin and who ever I spoke to was of the opinion that I needed two boxes and would arrange to send out another one. Spent the weekend not being able to record anything. On the Monday I was looking on the Forum and discovered a solution to my problem. I reinstalled the old box, rebooted it and used the box I had been sent to replace my second box upstairs. Got everything working properly now but without any help from the people that take the money and are responsible for the shabby treatment of a customer.

Thank you for offering to investigate and hope you can get a better response than I have had.

Yours Kantara.

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I bet you can't wait to get the letter that starts like this,

"Hi,

We tried to ring you about the result of your recent complaint but we couldn’t get through.

Your complaint was about:"

Let's hope you don't but I think it's the normal Teflon covered response.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Kantara and sorry to hear of this, I'll pop you over a private message to look into this. 

We will feed this back internally but if you can let us know what you'd like us to do for a resolution we'll assist.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
kantara
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Have replied to your private message with the details you required.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future and can only assume you have been inundated with complaints for it take so long to resolve this one.

I have already outlined the facts and will be interested to hear if you identified the operator who disconnected my original call.  If you agree that my treatment has been abysmal  and the time taken to resolve this complaint you might like to consider a 3 month rebate of my monthly subscriptions.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards Kantara

Tags (1)
0 Kudos