Menu
BigChippy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Buffering on virgin 360 Saved/Recorded programmes

Since “upgrading” to virgin 360 I have been plagued with buffering ( described as such with a message on the right hand side of my tv screen) essentially the screen freezes for a while then starts again before freezing. This happens on all recorded programes. Regular/ live tv is fine. I have two 360 controllers and the v6 boxes have been upgraded. My connections are all ok and I have rebooted several times.

0 Kudos
CalKlein
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering on virgin 360 Saved/Recorded programmes

You may find that this is a network issue in your home. When streaming from one box to another it was ok unless you were trying to stream a HD recording, then it would buffer. 

since the tv360 software now prioritises HD channels over SD it will record that on the selected box. 

To get around this you can either use a better connection between the two boxes, we use homeplugs which gives us a 10mb connection which is not fast enough; OR amend the series link to only record on the box you will watch it on or change the setting and then record it into a SD channel

BigChippy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I think you may have got to the route of my problem. I’m pretty sure my recordings are in the main set up to record on one box but actually viewed on another box. I do use a booster for Ethernet connection in one room but the signal isn’t great. You also suggest that I could  amend the series link to only record on the box I will watch it on, unfortunately I don’t know how to do that and wondered if you could advise.  Could cancel the links and then reset them but wonder if there is a quicker way.

In the meantime thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @BigChippy 

When setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one.

So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset. You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
BigChippy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great, thanks for that, will do.
0 Kudos
CalKlein
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator