Menu
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 1 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Buffering on play back

Hi advice needed please

when playing recording on second updated 360 box in the bedroom the content was buffering every few minutes which is annoying, ran diagnostics and all well strong signal , any ideas ?  Or will this require a software update to fix 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering on play back

As well as signal strength, the other thing that affects WiFi is local congestion. If there are several other neighbours hubs using the same WiFi channel, your hub has to negotiate for transmission packets with those hubs. The more that are using it the less packets are available, hence your connection speed drops. If you can force your box onto a 5Ghz WiFi channels it will be less congested that 2.4Ghz, although 2.4 has better range. There are plenty of posts on the forum with advice on how you how to separate the WiFi bands on Virgin hubs.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 3 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply and already on 5ghz and diagnostic says very strong signal 

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 4 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@Gary06028 wrote:

Thanks for reply and already on 5ghz and diagnostic says very strong signal 

Do you have Netflix set up on that box?  If so go into Netflix help and it has a really good network speed test; you should be able to get an accurate read on the speed the box it getting

0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 5 of 63
Flag for a moderator

No I haven’t got Netflix 

The only thing that has changed is the 360 software no problems for 2 years with tivo  software , is anyone else having this problem ?

I even made sure anything else on Wi-Fi was turned off but stil the same .

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 63
Flag for a moderator

The problem with recorded programs playback has only started happening on my boxes since the update to 4.28. it was happening all day yesterday and is till today. I have rebooted both boxes and still have the issue. On 4.27 i did not have the issue at all. This is happening on programs that were recorded on 4.27 and 4.28. it appears to be a bug in the 4.28 update

0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 7 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Can someone from virgin look into this Robles please 

0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 8 of 63
Flag for a moderator

I meant problems 😁

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Could one of the Virgin Admins report this to the TV360 and Horizon teams as it is very annoying as it is happening on all recordings

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 63
Flag for a moderator

It is no use persistently bumping the thread.

The Forum Team work on threads in sequence against the last post on the thread, so every time you post you return to the back of the queue. Leave the thread dormant & you might get a response.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos