cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering error when watching recordings on 360 mini box

Gringo1969
On our wavelength

When attempting to watch recordings on my 360 mini box they constantly fail with an error message of “buffering”. If I reboot the main 360 box it temporarily resolves the issue but returns after a few hours. Having to reboot the main box and/or the router is becoming very frustrating!! Are there any permanent solutions to this problem???

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

13 REPLIES 13

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Gringo1969, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with your TV.

Do any error codes pop up at all or it just error messages?

Please can you also just try to see if any on-demand features are the same such as iPlayer for example?  Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It just says “buffering” in the top right corner of the screen. The issue also happens sometimes when watching the iPlayer. I would point out that we have to try and use the iPlayer, ITV hub etc as we are unable to fully watch recordings! 

the mini box itself has recently been replaced as the previous box had connection issues. We have changed the connection from Wi-Fi to Ethernet (only for the mini box, the main 360 box isn’t close enough to connect by cable) which has improved the overall connection but has introduced these buffering issues. 

Not happy!

I can see you have spoken to the team yesterday Gringo1969 where some diagnostics were ran and checks with the equipment made, did this resolve the issue at all or re you still experiencing issues?

Rob

I haven’t spoken to anyone?? The problem is ongoing and getting more and more frustrating! Getting close to leaving now! I’ve experienced nothing but issues since “upgrading” to the 360 box!! 

Hi Gringo1969, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Apologies for the confusion, we can see that someone has called in relating to this account and the system automatically ran some checks and gave some information on how to help resolve things. 

As it's the main box that the recording is on, there does need to be a good connection between the Hub and the 360 box. If there isn't then it can create issues. 

When trying to play the recordings, do you get the same issues when watching them on the main 360 box? If not and they play fine, can you check what settings your box is on? Make sure the box is on Fast start or Active start instead of Eco mode. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,  

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Gringo1969
On our wavelength

Recordings play fine on the main box, although there are persistent connectivity problems with that box. The settings show ‘fast start’. The issue with the mini box is becoming more frequent now, surely there is something that can be done to resolve this?? As it currently stands we will have no choice but to look elsewhere to get a reliable service that we can watch! If I get told to simply reboot the box again I will not be happy!!!

Thanks for coming back to us Gringo1969. 

I have looked into your issues and there is an issue with the signal level to your box that is causing the problem, it would need a technician visit to get these issues resolved.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks, I’ll wait to hear from you…

Still waiting?