Menu
mkp2
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Broadband hub 4

When will I get offered free upgrade to virgin tv 360 and hub 4 for broadband? 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband hub 4

You won't!

You could ask Virgin for an upgrade to 360 and the they will send remote controls that when linked will prompt software upgrade to V6 boxes.

As for the Hub 4, you will only get this if upgrading to Gig1 Broadband service, it is no better than the Hub 3 other than having a different modem to support Gig1 service.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@mkp2 wrote:

Vm do offer some areas upgrades to hub4 even if not gig1 customer. I think it's the areas that have some issues with congestion in an attempt to reduce the issue and of course the areas that have gig1. But if you upgrade to gig1 theres an additional cost of course

So it depends on your package and your area.

But as already advised I'd reach out to VM to discuss

Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1
Wifi Plus
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@jonathanpye wrote:

@mkp2 wrote:

Vm do offer some areas upgrades to hub4 even if not gig1 customer.

But as already advised I'd reach out to VM to discuss

This is on invite only basis, not a request basis, also spoke to technicians recently and was told by the 'two' that they are currently holding back those upgrades where possible due to stock levels.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

You won't!

You could ask Virgin for an upgrade to 360 and the they will send remote controls that when linked will prompt software upgrade to V6 boxes.

As for the Hub 4, you will only get this if upgrading to Gig1 Broadband service, it is no better than the Hub 3 other than having a different modem to support Gig1 service.

I would disagree that the hub4 is no better than hub3 except for gigabit usage 

It has many advantages over hub 3, one of them being 11 antennae compared to hub 3s 5 antennae.

Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1
Wifi Plus
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As somebody who has one of these hubs and had another one elsewhere before returning, I can assure you while on paper it says its better it is not in practice.

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I do agree that the reality is not conducive to the improvements I should get based on the enhancement of the hub4 over the hub3.

I saw no discernible improvement in the black spots I was hoping hub4 would resolve when I upgraded to gig1.

Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1
Wifi Plus
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I always had good coverage from Hub2's and 3's as it was plasterboard property but Hub 4 was about 75% of the coverage and no better for speed in coverage areas and and multi-tasked like a pig on WiFi.

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I didnt find it any worse, just no discernable better coverage wise. Of course I get better speeds on gig1 and multi tasking I cant say I notice a difference. I have multiple devices doing multiple video conferencing plus gaming simultaneously. It's not handled perfectly but it's just ok most of the time.

Did you not get a seperate router with such issues you had and just use the hub as a modem?

I'm hoping to try the wifi pods next and if still not satisfied invest in cat6 router or mesh.

Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1
Wifi Plus
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I currently run the Hub 4 with a TP-Link C6, much better performance.

0 Kudos