cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box rebooting

Hemuset
Joining in

I've only had Virgin since last month and we have had some issues with the TV box. Today it has been saying channel unavailable and then rebooting itself, however it then gets stuck on the please wait screen. It never progresses any further and eventually we have to resort to switching the box off and on again at the wall. After this it will restart properly. However the issue repeats itself after it has been on for a while. We've previously had issues with apps being unable to load and giving us an error code. This issue was only resolved by rebooting the box. Any advice guys?

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

Sounds like the box is faulty if it's rebooting by it's self, is the box getting hot ?

What error code did you get previously ?

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to
report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Thanks, the box isn't getting hot. I'll try and find the error code from the previous fault when I get home tonight. Hopefully someone from the forum team might see this before I get home tonight, otherwise I will phone them

Hi @Hemuset thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here with your TV box.

We can see that since your post, you've been able to contact us via other methods and get this on the way to being resolved.

If you do need our help in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W