Menu
RAQUEL6
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Boosters

Hi All 

Are the Virgin Boosters still available and are they any good ? , I also read the app you need to source any dead spots in the house does not seem to be accurate at all , mind you these reviews were quite old so has the app improved at all 

Cheers

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boosters

The boosters seem to be getting phased out over a new WiFi service Virgin are starting to offer at an additional £5 per month.

Personally neither the boosters or new services are worth it and identifying your needs and sourcing your own equipment would be ideal.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks JP 

Thinking of getting my own Mesh set up , plenty around TP have a good range , do you put the Router into modem mode ?

Cheers

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Getting own mesh system is good idea, from what I understand they can be run as access points and the Virgin hub can still manage the router side of things or they can be configured a router with the Virgin Hub in Modem Mode.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
RAQUEL6
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does seem the way to go, will take a look into it think the set up is pretty straight forward 

Cheers

TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin WiFi pods are a mesh setup and are free if you are on Ultimate Oomph bundle or have Virgin 1gig broadband for up to 3 pods.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah but there is very mixed results on them currently and also if you want to move provider your then back in the situation of having to rebuild wifi across home again

0 Kudos