cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank screen.

Wilberry2609
Joining in

IMG-20230430-WA0004.jpg

 My wife downloaded some programs to watch but when she attempts to watch them this happens. The box then turns off and then restarts.

IMG-20230430-WA0005.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wilberry2609 

You've posted in the V6 forum, however error code CS2214 only occurs on the 360 and Stream boxes.

Having said that, any box that keeps restarting usally needs replacing. Assuming you actually have a 360 box have you tried a factory reset?

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for responding, and apologies for posting in the wrong place. I'll do the reset when I get home. I've only been with Virgin since November last year so the box is 6 months old. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Wilberry2609 

That's not a problem, I've moved your post to the 360 forum in case there is any additional help available.

If the factory reset doesn't work you can try the following, turn off the 360  at the switch;  then on the box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time. Then turn on the 360 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it should reset and boot up normally.

And if that fails and it continues to boot loop then you would need to either call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm just going to pickup on one comment from the OP.. "My wife downloaded some programs to watch but when she attempts to watch them this happens. The box then turns off and then restarts."

Recordings are not downloaded, they're stored on the TV360 hard drive. However - if a box is restarting when recordings are being viewed then there's clearly a fault somewhere, possibly the HDD. Not fixable and a tech visit is needed - most likely with a box replacement being the result.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Wilberry2609, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your 360 service currently. 

Checking things this end, we can see you've already spoken to the team and they have sent a replacement box out to you. 

Please let us know how things go with the new box and if you have continued issues, pop back so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs