cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen Netflix

Emberone
Tuning in

Yesterday I got my TV box installed. After loading Netflix, the screen will go black around 1 minute into a movie or show for about 3 seconds and then the picture and sound will return. It only appears to do this the first time I load Netflix. After watching a few episodes, it doesn’t appear to happen again. I’ll see if it does when watching a film

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Emberone 

This generally happens on netflix due to a difference in frame rates.

Go to Settings >Audio & Video > Match frame rate

If it's set to ON then people do see a blackout when the 360 or HDMI reconfigures for the difference in frame rate.

If it's set to the default (Off) then the box just accepts the frame rate difference which isn't noticeable by most users and shouldn't blank the screen out.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Emberone 

This generally happens on netflix due to a difference in frame rates.

Go to Settings >Audio & Video > Match frame rate

If it's set to ON then people do see a blackout when the 360 or HDMI reconfigures for the difference in frame rate.

If it's set to the default (Off) then the box just accepts the frame rate difference which isn't noticeable by most users and shouldn't blank the screen out.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Emberone, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Netflix service, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please let us know if you have followed the steps listed by newapollo and if this has resolved the issue?

If not, can you please let us know if you are having any problems viewing other streaming/OnDemand services? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Morning Natalie,

So far it looks like the suggested steps above has helped 😊 I forgot to respond to this. Thanks for reply.