cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill taken from my bank but says i still need to pay.

JLEArcher
Joining in

hi!

So i started a contract with Virgin in June of this year for broadband and tv as I've been with them for mobile and I've never had a problem till now. They've taken the money for the first bill out of my flatmates account (a total of £63.98) however the app stated the payment was overdue. what is strange is when it said this it also said we had £0.00 to pay so we immediately thought it was just a temporary app problem and would go away.

However, this months bill has just came through totalling at £103.47 which says is last months plus this months and a £7.50 payment charge.

My problem is I cant find anyway of emailing or messaging virgin as I would struggle to call them for help as well as why this has happened in this first place. This is a lot of money that is due to be pulled out especially for a bill that is only supposed to be £31.99.

if anybody can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

J.L.Evans

1 REPLY 1

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JLEArcher,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your bills looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

As you've mentioned it was your first month's bill, it's important to know that this would have been a double bill as we bill a month in advance, then any fees are added onto of this such as activation fees or installation fees. So your first bill will be larger, then they will go down to your normal monthly price after this. More information on bills can be found here if you want to have a read 👉 Your Bills Explained.

However, as you've mentioned another bill has come out much larger there may be something that we need to look into. 

I'll send you a private message now so we can get started on our investigation 🧐

Speak soon!

Megan_L