cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT sport not working

cojo150
Tuning in

BT Sports suddenly stopped last night near the end of the football. Since then it's just displaying an advert for next weeks West Ham match! No joy from BT sport they say speak to virgin which I've been unable to do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, I'll move this thread to the TV360 forum where a VM Staff member should pick it up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cojo150  Which Virgin TV box do you have,  TiVo/V6 or TV360?  I have just checked my V6 and all the BT Sport channels are working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

cojo150
Tuning in

Tried all the usual on off stuff. TiVo 360 box . I have two of them in house and it's both the same . Just an advert on screen about next weeks West Ham match. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, I'll move this thread to the TV360 forum where a VM Staff member should pick it up.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cojo150 

Welcome back to community forums

Sorry to hear of your concerns for BT sports programming. Can you confirm which channel number you are referring to. As the football season has ended there is not many matches left to be shown on BT sports football-wise. Do all the other BT channels show their programming? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cojo150 

It's a shame you missed the end of the football, not sure if you missed  the extra time, or penalty shootout, or both.

It doesn't sound like you subscribe to the BT Sports channels, as it was it an issue with the pop up channel (524) which was due to be active whilst the match was played.  There are no repeats scheduled.

I'm not sure if you would have been able to watch the end of the end of the match on the normal BT Sport channel as suggested in an article in the Daily Star < here > , "Some social media Samaritans were swift to point out the problem could apparently be corrected by switching to the HD equivalent of BT Sport 1's free channel."

I know it's after the horse has bolted but the full game is available to watch on the BT Sport /youtube channel here  and on the /BT sport website here 

No further programs are due on that channel until the final of the Eufa Europa Conference League match between West Ham and Fiorentina next Wednesday. On Saturday 10th it will also be showing Man City v Inter Milan in the Uefa Champions League final.

Hopefully this issue won't repeat itself with either of the upcoming games, although the live streams will also be available via the BT Sports website and the BT Sport channel on YouTube.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Chris234
Joining in

I had the same issue aswell last night and currently happening now. It's showing on channel 524 on my virgin media box. I also have BT sport showing as channel 527 but this is showing a complete different program

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See the reply from @newapollo above, apparently BT Sport 524 is a pop up channel that has appeared to allow access to the European finals without subscription.

cojo150
Tuning in

Channel 524

ozsat
Superstar

The free pop-up channel on 524 is carrying just the UEFA Finals for free.

But it was a total surprise to BT and VirginMedia that a programme scheduled to end at 10.30pm may actually go into extra time and penalties and finish after 11pm So anyone watching the free version missed the end.

Hopefully it will be fixed for the next two finals.

The regular BT Sport subscription channels were fine.

@cojo150 wrote:

BT Sports suddenly stopped last night near the end of the football. Since then it's just displaying an advert for next weeks West Ham match! No joy from BT sport they say speak to virgin which I've been unable to do

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5