cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer

MrG_04
Joining in

Since "upgrading" to 360 I have to sign in to iplayer each time I use it. I've seen this topic before but no definitive answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MrG_04 wrote:

Is there anybody from Virgin I can speak to?

Sounds like an unwell HDD.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 otherwise - choose "I have a fault" and then don't press or select any option just wait on the line.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Superstar

Have you tried rebooting the box by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug to see if that make any difference.

If that doesn't work you could try a factory reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Hey MrG_04,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with the i-Player app on your 360 box, have you tried the advise from @roy247?

If you have, has that helped to resolve the issues with your login to i-player.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

MrG_04
Joining in

i-player still won't stay signed in (after rebooting it worked a couple of times)

It stops playing in the middle of a recorded show

Error "playback not possible" CS2300

Failed to play recording CS2214

No Prime video CS2400

Can't get ITVX

Is there anybody from Virgin I can speak to? Everything is automated now. If I could I'd leave VM right now and buy a Humax.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MrG_04 wrote:

Is there anybody from Virgin I can speak to?

Sounds like an unwell HDD.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 otherwise - choose "I have a fault" and then don't press or select any option just wait on the line.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, japitts. I think one of the issues is probably down to the hard drive but the others have happened since the "upgrade" to 360. I'll try what you suggested.

Hi @MrG_04 thanks for your reply here.

I've had a look at things and it seems you may have had help via a different avenue since your post here, was you able to get things resolved in the end?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W

I went through the online system and it decided that there was a fault in the box. Our friendly neighbourhood Virgin engineer changed the box. (He's called Dean and is highly recommended). I've not had time to check all the faulty functionality yet. But shall do in due course. 

MrG_04

Hi @MrG_04 thanks for your reply.

That is great to hear, fingers crossed this works for you but please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W